Hi There! New to the Site. My Name Is Newbiesound13.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by DeBorah Gaines, Aug 23, 2015.

1. DeBorah Gaines

DeBorah Gaines Member

Tinnitus Since:
      august 28 2013
      On 8-28-13, I received some traumatic news about one of my siblings. I remember crying in the shower for about an hour.
      Three days later I began to feel pressure around my left ear and nose. I thought my sinuses were infected. Began taking sinus meds it cleared for a while.
      Two weeks later I began experiencing sounds in my left ear similar to swishing sound but the beat is like my heart beat.
      There is also a pitch that ranges from (scale of 1- 10) around 5 most days,then others days it is a 8. Similar to a fax machine.

I have problems sleeping and concentrating. I have had 6 shots of Prednisone in the ear canal that helps with the spinning that comes with the ringing in the ears Meniares Disease it what they call it (vertigo).

Does anyone else have these symptoms and how do you cope? I would appreciate the comments.
      I wish everyone have a great Day.

2. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, @DeBorah Gaines,

You may have something similar to what I have. In my right ear, I have both a regular high-pitched, hissing tinnitus, and also a pulsating sound in time with my heartbeat (pulsatile tinnitus). Pulsatile tinnitus may be caused by many things, and is most often a vascular condition. However, since you experienced a trauma, yours may have started suddenly as a result of anxiety and tension.

My doctor gave me Prednisone when mine first started, too, but it didn't work for me. Also, I have experienced bouts of dizziness and vertigo along with it.

I've had this condition for over five years now, and while I do still have it, things have improved a lot! I no longer have the pain, feeling of fullness in the ear, and the dizziness/vertigo I had at the start.

My suggestions for coping include finding a way to get enough sleep, although I know how hard that is right now. Try taking a natural sleep aid, such as melatonin, valerian root, or chamomile tea. Or you might try taking magnesium. I've been taking magnesium chloride tablets for several years now, and I believe they have really helped me with sleep and with calming. I feel so much more like myself these days!

Try to live your life as normally as possible, in spite of the tinnitus and pulsating. It may take time, but several months from now, you may find that you don't notice the tinnitus so much, or it doesn't occupy your thoughts all the time.

Also, please note that there is a Meniere's Disease section on this forum, and you might want to post a thread there, as well. I don't have Meniere's myself, and you might find further support there for your vertigo symptoms.

If the condition worsens or becomes very painful or bothersome, seek further medical attention. But you might want to give it some time first.

Best wishes,
      Karen