High-frequency beeeep in headphones :-(

Discussion in 'Support' started by Karianne, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Sean

Sean Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01-01-2011
      I meant dosage and direction ..sorry

2. cowdodge
      Grumpy

cowdodge Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I have found out to calm my t's down and make me more like myself I take .05 oxicotin and it really helps! I guess its just the high taking over to calm the nerves but like I said it works. One thing I have done and it was a big mistake was to go to those sites to hear what your t sounds like or at what range they are at. I did it twice where I had my volume up to high on my head phone and got a full blast of sound!!!!!!!!!!!! Not good and I would suggest to anyone here to watch out with those sites as they can be really disrupting to your t's.

3. ampumpkin
      Amused

ampumpkin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset: 12/2007 Increase: 04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2007: Meds(Antidepressant) 2014: Meds(Antibiotics)
      @Sean I took Biaxin (clarythromycin). I was supposed to take it for 10 days (1000mg) but I took it only 7 days. I had my left ear cloggued which the GP thought was caused by my sinuses. Biaxin cleared the ear but left me with a much louder T. While on it, I had vertigo, nausea, various intestine problems, loss of hearing, ear fullness, distortion, panic attacks, etc and of course a much louder T. (The T could be heard ABOVE the shower) All the symptoms went away except, of course, the louder T. T decreased slowly over the past few weeks (I took it at the beginning of May) but it's still not back to baseline.

I saw the ENT one week after discontinuing the antibiotics. I did an audiogram and my hearing was back to normal (I tested the frequencies 500 hz to 8000hz). I hear way above average. The ENT said he had seen such a reaction to Biaxin but he had NEVER seen an irreversible case in his career. He said the symptoms would go away, sometimes it takes a few weeks, sometimes a few months, it depends on the patient.

Was he bullshiting me? Perhaps. But it is true that the T has been going back to baseline. Sometimes, it's louder, sometimes it's like before, it depends on my menstrual cycle and my overall mood.

Hope this helps!