High frequency hissing and sharp sounds

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katkin, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Katkin

Katkin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2013
      Does anyone else get high frequency hissing/buzzing/electrical current, with a sharp whine and intermittent screech like sounds? I keep getting spikes of this kind of tinnitus every four to five days and can't pinpoint a cause. I find it harder to cope with this sound and it is relentless lasting the whole day and I get more distressed about it as the day progresses. Usually a good night's sleep will enable it to be gone the next day. It's spiking like this right now and I feel so low and distracted that I can't function properly. Sorry this post is not positive, but today is definitely a bad day!

2. Sound Wave
      Curious

Sound Wave Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones
      Sounds like my 24/7 tinnitus. As crazy as it can sound, you can learn to live with it. When my T started about six months ago, I would have NEVER imagined to say like this, but here I am. Soon you will be too... :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Ken219
      Frustrated

Ken219 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Summer of 1990
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure?
      I habituated(learn to live with it a few times) The sad part is everyday feels like a month.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Katkin

Katkin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2013
      Thanks for your replies. I've had T for 11 months now, it has changed over the months and this is the worst variant I get. I'm hoping to habituate (or better still get rid of it altogether), as it does tend to settle down for a few days in between. It does tend to be worse if I have had a poor night's sleep, so I've just been out and bought some blackout curtains to see if that helps the melatonin to kick in and stop those neurons from partying! I hope we can all one day be free of this.