High Pitched Tinnitus Since 1.5 Months Ago

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by PhilVanill, Apr 14, 2018.

1. PhilVanill
      Doubtful

PhilVanill Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      stress/ flu/ depression / no clue
      Hey there, introducing me, I am from Germany, 30 years old.

My Tinnitus started at the end of February this year.
      Cause? no clue.
      A few weeks before I had an infection.
      I worked all day at that time.
      I was generally sad, because of just working from the morning till the night. So maybe that is the reason.

The first days had been a pure hell.
      No sleep, anxiety, depression ... you know it.
      And my T was super loud. I was not able to cover it by anything except the shower.

The next days/weeks the sound changed from about 5600 Hz to now 8000 Hz.
      And it did get more silent. I do often not hear it when I am outside, cause there is wind/birds/cars.
      Sadly TV does not help most of the time.
      But still drives me crazy, I am sitting here with some headphones and a white noise sound. I guess I just want to hear something else then my high pitch caused by my brain. I hate my sound.

I should get a masker (like a hearing aid) in the next days, I have hopes that will increase my life quality and makes it easier to fall asleep.
      Talking about sleep, sadly I always had trouble found sleep. With T its close to impossible. I am in need to use cicada noise or something. That often makes it possible to find rest.

I am still depressed, still hate my noise.
      I might be foolish, but I still hope to be just cured. I mean 2 months ago I was 100% no tinnitus, I just want to have this condition back in my life. :-(

• Hug Hug x 3
    2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      PhilVanill
      Doubtful

PhilVanill Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2 month update:

- Tinnitus is still fluctuating from day to day.
      - The last two days have been ok, it was not so loud, often only audible in silent rooms
      - It is definitely quieter compared to the first weeks (I compare it with other sounds, to be sure it is not only my imagination, it really is quieter)

It still drives me nuts, I really hope there will come more improvements.

Today I am very sure that the tinnitus was caused by stress (very long high-stress level).

Thoughts are very welcome ;-)

• Like Like x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    4. New Guy
      Doh

New Guy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      3/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced Hearing Loss
      Great news!!! I hope things keep moving in the right direction.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      PhilVanill
      Doubtful

PhilVanill Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I just wanted to give a 3 month update:

Between the month 2 and 3 it did look like I was not improving further. The noise was more silent compared to the first weeks but still there, still annoying. As always there were good and bad days. :(
      But things changed a week before the 3 month mark. It was a very good day, the tinnitus was very silent and I am in this nice condition for 6 days now. The noise is definitely more silent, thinking in dB the difference might be small, but for me for my personal feeling, it is huge.

I am still using this to sleep well:
      Lakeside Campfire with Relaxing Nature Night...

Because the tinnitus is creeping back into my brain when it gets very silent.

Current status:
      There is still something of it left, but being outside or in a car or with friends it is not audible. Which was not the case for a lot of days in the past. So yes this is a joy!:)
      I am used to be annoyed by tinnitus in the office, now I am not for 80% of the time.
      At home, I have always some noise around me, like the TV or whatever.

I can say I am OK with the current situation, but I am still hoping for further improvement. It might be selfish while a lot of wonderful people from this forum would be happy if the can reach my noise level. So yes, then I am selfish at this point, I want to come back to my old condition I had a few months ago.

Tomorrow my girlfriend will come back from a one year semester abroad, then we will have a short vacation near the Mediterranean sea. This was not always super easy and oh universe I couldn't be happier.

If it will improve further or in a sustained way, I can tell you more about what I changed, what I did, what helped me and what didn't.

Looks like I am getting life back.
      :thankyousign:

• Like Like x 3
    6. Alex Prime
      Anime

Alex Prime Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Fingers crossed for the best! Mine fluncuates now, but has rarely been annoyingly load and although I hear it well in silent rooms and sometimes even during daylight, I somehow ignore it better since I registered here. I hope that we both get rid of this condition. However, I benefit well from being on Xanax since a long time, which helps with anxiety.

7. tandpiano
      Relaxed

tandpiano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2010
      Hang in there, the first few months are hell with tinnitus. I am a tinnitus sufferer since 2010 and I know what you are going through. Today tinnitus and I co-exist thankful. But, in the beginning I was a mess. It takes a good 3 to 6 months for your body to figure out what to do with the sound or sounds. I had a fan in my bedroom and that helped... so sorry for your suffering. I pray that your tinnitus will disappear and never return.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    8. secc

secc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concerts
      @tandpiano

Your words are a lifeline. I’m dealing with a spike after being exposed for 5-10 minutes to a guy playing his guitar in a wine bar. We didn’t have to shout to talk but it was loud. I’m really struggling hour by hour. I have two little kids I want to be whole and happy for, I am so so scared. I keep praying but I feel so little faith.