Hollow / Echo in Left Ear

Discussion in 'Support' started by Michelle Hopkins, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Michelle Hopkins

Michelle Hopkins Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2004
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has every experienced a hollow / echo sensation in their ears? Last night this happened to me and it's still with me now! I went to the out of hours doctor and he said that he could not see any infection, redness, ear canal looked fine! All he said is to call the ENT department tomorrow as I'm already with them and explain what's going on! I'm being referred to CBT which the nurse practitioner said may take between 12-18 weeks to take place so getting an quick answer to this awful sensation seems impossible!

I have had this feeling before, twice in January! Went to the doctor on 1st occasion and she said I had an infection. On the 2nd occasion it happened the doctor said it was glue ear! The symptoms usually got better after the 1st day but the sensation I have now differs from the last 2 episodes! When I speak or eat all I can hear is an echo and it's almost like there's a vibration in my ear! Driving with it is awful! I can't have anyone talk to me in close proximity when near the left ear! It never effected me in this way last time it happened! I'm barely coping with the spike in my Tinnitus but dealing with this as well is just unimaginable!!

Any suggestions or advice would be really appreciated

Michelle

2. Mila9828

Mila9828 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Accident/Screaming?
      How are you doing? I know it’s been a while, but I have this too :(

3. Aaaron8

Aaaron8 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb 20
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi,

I am currently experiencing this just now. Woke up sharp a few hours ago (it's still the middle of the night) with this sensation and my hearing appears muffled or decreased. And this is supposed to be my good ear!

4. PugDog1

PugDog1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Low iron, low b12, chronic sinusitis
      I get this every few weeks like clockwork- my sinuses are fxcked & it’s causing major ETD. When my tubes get full/compressed or whatever it causes decreased hearing and echos in that ear! Getting my sinuses corrected with FESS soon and I’m hoping that will resolve it