Hot Tub

Discussion in 'Support' started by Nich, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Nich
      Batty

Nich Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2014
      So I got in the hot tub last night for the first time since the T came on (it's been too hot) and realized it masks my T completely. Completely, completely. Can't even hear it if I try to. I feel stupid for not thinking about it before. So, if you have access to a hot tub it might be worth a try when you have just had enough of it and need a break! Not to mention the relaxation part of it helped reduce my perception of the T. Overall, a win win situation it seems.

• Like Like x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    2. MattK

MattK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/13/2014
      Cool, glad you found something that works for you. And I'm sure it helps you realize there are still pleasures in life that tinnitus can't take away.

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. Jeff M.
      Breezy

Jeff M. Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct. 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic
      @Nich - thanks for the share! Always great to hear of things that give T peeps some relief, even if just temporary!! Have fun bubblin'!!!

• Like Like x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    4. ampumpkin
      Amused

ampumpkin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset: 12/2007 Increase: 04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2007: Meds(Antidepressant) 2014: Meds(Antibiotics)
      oh yes, I love hot tubs :)!! it does help with T!!

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nich
      Batty

Nich Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2014
      It's just a small thing but hey I'll take all I can get. :)

• Like Like x 1
    6. Kathi
      Balanced

Kathi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/30/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      HFHL and stress
      Yes, when I turn the jets on I can't hear my T. I also noticed on this camping trip that even when I do hear my T I am okay! Nature does that for me...sitting by the campfire tonight with my spouse was heaven. The crickets were fantastic...

I think I'm making progress...I forgot my T without masking for over an hour today while grocery shopping and again at dinner.

• Like Like x 2
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nich
      Batty

Nich Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2014
      That's where I started. Before this small setback I had gotten to having several hours everyday not hearing my ring. Even with the setback when I get involved in anything that really requires me to focus it tends to fade into the background. I'm so happy for you @Kathi . When it finally starts giving you a few hours here and there of break it makes it so much easier to deal with!

8. masterhoagie

masterhoagie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      over ear xbox headset monitor. kid yelled into Mic
      I must add. I found that the hot tub i have, no jets on just the heater pump humming lightly. it diminished if not took my tinnitus away as well. . cant believe it. submerge to my neck its like the warm takes it away. have T all day ringing at me . and the hour I get in my tub is priceless and precious . also have a small fountain by the tub to drown out any left over T .. recommend trying a hot bath to those who can't hot tub . so good to finally get any relief .