How Did Your Tinnitus Start/When Did You Notice It the First Time?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Tommurphy345, Jan 22, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. Tommurphy345

Tommurphy345 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Wondering how everyone's tinnitus started?

2. Heather415
      Badass

Heather415 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'll never forget it.
      I was out with a friend, nothing crazy, Drinks, dinner, a bar or 2, but nothing really loud. The next morning I heard it, and it hasn't let up since

3. Jason_Cohen

Jason_Cohen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      It started almost a year ago. I went to sleep at around 9pm, and woke up 2 hours later. I had a little bit of wax impacted in my right ear, and it was bothering me, so I put my finger in my ear to try and remove some of the wax, and that was the first time I heard it. Sometimes I wonder what would have been different if I had just slept through the night.

4. Zorro!
      Wtf

Zorro! Member

It was a dark and stormy night...

5. Ears Hurt

Ears Hurt Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Whiplash or Buzzer (abuse from ex)
      Mine started slowly over time. The ringing would come and go and eventually over 7 months it became constant. Not sure if it started due to getting whiplash or from loud buzzer.

6. CRS

CRS Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 9 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ideopathic
      Mine started 26 days ago and has gotten louder since. No particular reason but I did have a cold a week prior, I am an anxious person and when I went in to see the ENT the audiologist said I had significant hearing loss which the ENT believe I have had for a long time. I'm 42 female