How Does Silence Sound?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Marijana, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Marijana
      Kick ass

Marijana Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most probably standing (working) near speakers on a festival
      Hello everybody :)

I found this forum yesterday and it's awesome! (y) Well let me introduce myself.
      I'm Marijana and I'm 21. I can't for sure say how long I've got this gorgeous music in my ears, but I'd say it's been around for over a year :grumpy:

I'm currently waiting for an appointment for an audiologist, which is by the end of april, and can't wait to see what's going on, because lately I feel overwhelmed :depressed:
      I honestly don't know why I waited so long to see my doctor, maybe I was scared and denying that there is something "wrong" with me..but OK beter ever than never right? :bag:

My tinnitus is very loud if I can say so, it is high pitched sound in both ears that never goes away. Even if surrounded with loud noise I can hear it if I concentrate. I also noticed that my ears are kinda sensitive to loud noise (loud speaking, screaming, car horn) and very rarley can hurt on a second.

When I'm in quiet place (before sleep) I can hear 2-3 lower pitched sounds which I find fascinating :mad: also I'm not sure if anyone experienced this, but in my left ear I hear something like waves,wind or hum :dunno: in last 4-5 months (lately much more noticable) and that thing is worse than the high pitched noise which is present all the time. When I'm lying on left side everything is ok , but when I turn to right side sometimes it gets reaaally annoying :eek:

I think I'm coping very well with T, but I must confess, after reading few threads, that I changed since I noticed my T. Not sure if T has anything to do with it but I used to be very happy person, without depressive thoughts, always on go. I still am, I'm trying to be positive no matter what, but those are small things that when you think about yourself :peeking: you become aware that you are not the same.

Anyway, I feel like I wrote a novel here :LOL: sorry for that. I hope we all find our piece and somehow in near future delete this T forever.
      Remember that you are stronger than you think and don't sink, there's is so much in life that awaits us! :rockingbanana:

Cheers :beeranimation:

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    2. Lorenzo74
      Mellow

Lorenzo74 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Hi Marjana and welcome to TT..

You seem to be having the right attitude about it and I am sure it will help you to habituate faster and be the positive person that you seem to be…

Do read around as you can find lots of valuable information in here and some nice people to share your T adventure with…

Take care of yourself and your ears !

Lorenzo

• Like Like x 1
    3. Stink

Stink Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2000
      hi

does your name marijana mean you like marijuana? or coincidence?

i like your post. positive! welcome to forum

• Funny Funny x 2
    4. Sailboardman
      Frustrated

Sailboardman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sensorineural hearing loss right ear.
      Hello MJ,

Welcome. Good attitude and positive thread! Silence? This time last year, I could have told you. Not anymore.
      };-(

To bad you didn't see and ENT at the beginning. But, having an audiogram done, will at least let you know about hearing loss. sounds like you have Hyperacusis also, but that can fade after awhile. Protect your ears going forward and enjoy your life. It will get easier over time.

Browse all the forums, for things people have tried, to help reduce their T and read the success stories.

You are certainly not alone! We all have it, in one form or the other.

God Bless,

Sailboardman

• Useful Useful x 1
    5. Brianna
      No Mood

Brianna Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No clue - too many causes.
      What a fascinating question, Marijana - "How does silence sound?" I used to live in a soundless world. It's as close to being in total peace with everything to me. Being scared and denying there's something wrong with you are logical feelings to have.

Love your attitude. I'd like a clone of your brain.

In peace,
      B

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Marijana
      Kick ass

Marijana Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Lorenzo74 Thanks! :)

Hahah nice one! (y) Coincidence, I'm from Croatia and many people (non croatian speakers) ask me that. Thanks! :D

Sorry to hear that Sailbordman :sorry: I hope you're dealing well with it, hang in there men! (y)
      You scared me a little with Hyperacusis part, but I won't think about it until I get done with Tympanometry and Tone Audiometry.
      Thank you for kind words. GB! :)

Hey B! :) I totaly understand you. When you start to think about how it used to be you get frustrated,and that's the worst part because you know it will never be like before :unsure: BUT as soon as you accept that thing as normal part of your life, you will be able to concentrate on other more important things.

I can tell you that I thought T is normal sound and I didnt pay much attention to it until one day I started to think about it :asshat: I'm ok with it, but as well I don't want to stop hoping that cure will be invented :bookworm:
      Thank you for support!:beeranimation:

• Hug Hug x 1
    7. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      I thought that too, haha!

• Funny Funny x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Marijana
      Kick ass

Marijana Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Haha i can't believe it's been almost 2 years since my first post on this forum :D
      I usually don't look back on what I've wrote but this time i just had to!
      Things haven't changed much except that I'm not worried as I used to be back then. That whistling friend is still here, having no better things to do but being an a$$ :LOL:
      But no matter what life gets you, you just keep going. You need to see and accept things you can't change because to live is actually a courageous thing :beeranimation:
      I don't even know why I'm writing on this thread :facepalm: but ok..
      Thank you for your support when I came here :thankyousign:

• Like Like x 3
      • Hug Hug x 1
    9. JurgenG
      Approved

JurgenG Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure / headphone accident maybe?
      It's amazing that you are so strong. Cool!

• Like Like x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Marijana
      Kick ass

Marijana Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Self-discipline my friend! (y)