How Loud Is Your White Noise?

Discussion in 'Support' started by David S, Jan 10, 2015.

1. David S

David S Member Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Just tried to check my withe nose generator (hearing aid). I seams that the withe noise it transmits goes from 35-70db. Dose anybody know what it actually is? My audiologist says that you can´t hurt your ears even if you turn up them to max for days but isn't 70 db quite high?

2. Marcini
      Dreaming

Marcini Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2008
      70dB is said to be the sound of a "normal" conversation i.e. not too loud. I wouldn't use them all day every day though.

3. Mark McDill
      Curious

Mark McDill Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely stress, anxiety, an antibiotic and nsaids
      David
      I have hearing aids with white noise generators too. My audiologist said the same thing (except he said safe @ 60 db over days of use). I never actually measured the db coming out of them, I just took his word for it. I used to wear mine for days on the highest setting and it did no harm. Now, however, my highest setting is 46 db and I rarely use it; in fact I'm getting to the point I don't need it anymore.

Mark

4. suncityguy

suncityguy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss

5. suncityguy

suncityguy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss
      Hey David, I pardon the old thread, I am considering white noise hearing aids. My T spiked last December and it's been a bit of a roller coaster. Just wondered how effective they are. If anyone reading this can tell me, much obliged. Kelly

6. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I find that my t is quietest in very quiet environments. Partially as a result if this I have stopped using any white noise when I sleep, after a life of sleeping with a fan...