How to Use Neuromodulation or Notched Music for Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ragman, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Ragman

Ragman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      September 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss
      Looking for some opinions regarding the use of neuromodulation and notched music or noise. Currently I am using the notched music or noise with Audacity. Have been since October 2015. Some improvement but not a lot. Anyway what I would like to know is: When using the modulation am I suppose to include the Tinnitus frequency in the pattern or leave it out. With the notched method it is left out. I am able to make the modulation tracks with Audacity as well as the notched tracks. Will it negate one or the other if I was to try and use both? I do not have a single tone or noise frequency. I have been to 4 different audiologist and have been told by them all that they are unable to give me a definitive frequency for my T they can only give me a range, which I am told is from 4khz to 6khz. The one Audiologist did mention in his letter to my Doctor that my T was closest to 6khz, so this is what I have been working with.
      Thanks
      Ragman

• Like Like x 1
    2. mandi
      Wishful

mandi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      I am new to all this, but also in MI. Our T support group leader is Rob Ellis. Come to our T gathering in W. MI sometime and share ideas. Rob Ellis has written an e-book on what has helped him. He is a good resource.