How Will I Date? Have a Relationship? Anything?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ricardo1991, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Ricardo1991
      Tired

Ricardo1991 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The world may never know..
      Hi all,
      Just thought I would share my thoughts on this conversation that seems to be a recurring theme.
      Yes, it's scary; it's a thought that passes my mind often but then I tend to think of my current relationship right now.
      Over the past 3 months, tinnitus is ALL that I talk about. To my friends, my family, my husband, etc. However, does it really matter?
      Nope, talking about it helps sometimes like when I want to complain but to someone who doesn't understand the struggle (and I hope to God they never will understand if you know what I mean) it is irrelevant. It is meaningless and pointless.
      Now, does this mean it doesn't suck? Nope, it sucks but how about asking how their day was? Talk about a movie you really like; talk about your favorite band, singer, actor, anything.
      Did you try any new foods? Did you try any new courses or go anywhere interesting?
      DO NOT TALK ABOUT HOW YOUR TINNITUS REACTED OR HOW MUCH IT BOTHERED YOU.
      They will not have an answer for you. They will not be able to understand your pain or take it away from you.
      Talk about the experience itself; talk about something funny that happened at the class, place, etc. This my friends, is life.
      I've mentioned in the past that my mom and siblings have tinnitus, I had no idea about this until I developed tinnitus. So it can be done. It has to be done!
      I will admit, it's hard to do because it's the only thing that clouds our minds. It a whirlpool; it will keep sucking you back in if you don't swim, you sink, etc.
      I guess what I'm trying to say is that you CAN have a normal life. Life's what you make it; who knows? You might meet someone who has tinnitus and you'd never know because they don't talk about it ;)
      I hear a shhhhhhhhhhh sound all day long, and at night and sometimes both ears buzz (which I'm almost certain that it will tonight) and it's all I want to talk about. Sure, I say it to people - I even told people I don't know, I don't know why I did! But now I've learned that a pity party is worthless; how about I throw a real party lol.
      Anyways, I hope this can give some people some advice, etc.

P.S. This might even be a personality trait. I have a friend that is a mess, no matter how much you try to give her some advice; she'll deflect as much as possible and will always be in her rut.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1