Humming Tinnitus and Pregnant

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mumtobe, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Mumtobe

Mumtobe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi guys. I'm new to this forum. I have had tinnitus since 2015. It has taken me a while to get used to the noise and was managable however Im 29 weeks pregnant and for some reason, its become alot louder.

It is causing my anxiety to flare up and am starting to feel sick from the stress.

I just need reassurance in some way, or if anyone else has experienced something similar.

2. volsung37

volsung37 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      I find taking natural carbohydrates especially boiled potatoes significantly reduces my hum. Saffron can also help.

3. Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Natalie Roberts Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pregnancy or mild hearing loss.. Who knows.
      I developed my tinnitus during my pregnancy around 30 weeks pregnant. It was awful and I suffered severe emotional and physical distress from it. Everyone wanted me to take anti-anxiety drugs and in hindsight, maybe I should have but I didn't because I was afraid of the ramifications for baby. Instead I started doing meditation with a therapist two times a week to help with my anxiety and practicing mindful mediation everyday. Keeping busy and trying to stay active also helped me be distracted but I had many times where I broke down and cried or thought I couldn't do it.

My baby is 1 now and I still have my tinnitus, unfortunately but I am learning to live with it. It fluctuates quite a bit day to day. Hang in there.

• Like Like x 1
    4. Samantha R

Samantha R Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Mumtobe
      I had a low humming noise exactly one month after my twins were born.
      Fortunately, it went on and off for a week, and it hasn't been back since.
      Unfortunately, it was replaced by a higher pitched sound that has taken up residence in my head.
      I think this humming was more mechanical - maybe tonic tensor Tympani Syndrome. I say this because it would stop when I blocked my ears or put ear muffs on.
      This low hum bugged me a lot as I could hear it over most things. Not so with the hiss I now have (which I still dislike very much).

Hopefully it settles down when you have the baby, it could be hormonal.

It is so difficult to deal with this, even more so when you are pregnant.

• Hug Hug x 1