Humming/Vibrating/Generator Feeling Gone (For Now) and Here's What I Took...

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mike34, May 10, 2015.

1. Mike34

Mike34 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Hey all -

I've been diagnosed with Central Nervous System sensitivity and have had T, H, and an awful humming/vibrating/generator feeling in my head for about 10 months now...

The T and H is bad and annoying, but the humming feeling was awful and very hard to escape from. It was especially worse in small rooms like bathrooms and closets.

For the last three days, the feeling has been gone. Poof. I had basically resigned myself to feeling that way forever, but there is hope.

The only difference for me is I started taking Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA) about 2 weeks ago and also Turmeric (500mg) about 5 days ago. I had always speculated it had something to do with inflammation because my eustachian tubes/ears always feel clogged/full. I have no idea if it has to do with taking either supplement, but I thought I'd let everyone know just in case. Neither supplement has caused any side effects. I know how hard it is to deal with this shit and I hope I can help someone else in some small way if it WAS these supplements. FYI, I also take magnesium glycinate, Vitamin C and D, and a multivitamin daily.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    2. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

OnceUponaTime Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      @Mike34 I also have the same humming in my whole head. I have turmeric at home...I am going to give it a shot.

I have also thought the same thing because I have allergies...and my forehead/nose/head feel inflamed... horrible feeling. Sometimes I cant even go too far in my car when my ears start feeling full and the pressure is so bad that I have to turn back home. I'll have to get the ALA. Thanx for sharing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      Yep ,same here , that vibrating electric feeling that cannot be masked by anything.

I am starting to think i might have an inflammation , my ear squeals when doing valsalva and my T can drop by 50% when doing the valsalva until the squealing stops.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mike34

Mike34 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014

See if it helps. It's important to note that since going away it has come back from time to time. It will stay for a couple days and then go away (for the most part). If I'm In a small bathroom I can barely feel it sometimes.

5. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      @Mike34

Was reading online last night that turmeric can give you a spike?? I have taken turmeric before and never gave me a spike that I can remember. I take a 1/2 tsp with a cup of warm milk. I'll try that again and I hope it helps me. The hum is overwhelming and I am starting to hear it outdoors too. :( Before 2 weeks ago I couldn't hear it outdoors and I was ok with that. It gave me relief being outdoors... now things have changed and I'm a bit sad, tired, feeling just numb.

Oh well, lets just do one day at a time. Thanx for the reply. :) Mary

6. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      @RaZaH

Not even outdoors or standing near a big fan, the refrigerator or anything that has a small fan on it that's running??? Anyways, you are brave in trying the valsalva...

P.S. I've never met anyone from Iceland before. Sounds cold and beautiful. :)
      Mary

7. markoana

markoana Member

Tinnitus Since:
      It could be just a longer spike. It does not mean it will stay!

• Like Like x 1
    8. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      My drone is out of this world lately:(

9. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      @OnceUponaTime no , nothing, its not a sound , its a physical feeling. Its the worst.

• Like Like x 1
    10. Sgguy46
      Jaded

Sgguy46 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      My T used to react to the size of the space as well. Small spaces made it hum louder. But in the last few months, that went away. I don't know why.

• Like Like x 2
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mike34

Mike34 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Yep. It's a humming feeling rather than a sound. It can not be masked and it's very hard to ignore. Consequently, last night it spontaneously came back for me to such an extent that I started getting feelings of anxiety when trying to ignore it to go to sleep. Haven't felt like that in a long time. I have eaten a bit more sugar lately so I'm going to try to cut back on that again and see if it helps.

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mike34

Mike34 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Sorry Val. What all have you tried?

13. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Sorry Mike. :( Did you stop taking the turmeric and the alpha lipoic?? I hope you feel better soon. Mary

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mike34

Mike34 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      N
      No I'm still taking it. There is another factor there that causes it to come back but I don't know what it is. I wish we knew the etiology of the feeling so we can combat it. It has died back down again today so we will see.

I also did want to mention that I tried l-Theanine for a while for my T. It didn't help but it did seem to help my mild H a little.

15. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Well, when my T started, and the first time that I had a spike (that gave me the nasty hum that I still have today), I had a bad case of allergies but coincidentally or not also there was noise involved. I just scratch my head. Two weeks ago I had a bad allergy day and the hum's volume and intensity went up. I hope and pray this time it will go away. Darn allergies!! Grrrrr..

Are your allergies acting up lately??

16. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ALA is a chelator of heavy metals, so that's sort of interesting. That said you may want to be a bit careful with how you take it; there appears to be some risk of freeing up mercury from fat tissues, then bringing it across the BBB and depositing it in your brain.

You can look at the "Cutler ALA protocol" on Google for more information; I can't speak to its accuracy.

• Like Like x 1
    17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mike34

Mike34 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Yes they are acting up. I've been very congested but it doesn't seem to tie into the humming that I can tell.

I also think mine is tied to noise as before this started back I did have a couple of loud incidents around me.

My humming is worse on my bad side (right) and I can barely feel it on the left. Right now if I push on the muscle below my ear (scm I believe) I can feel a very deep rumbling (not ear drum). Maybe the middle ear muscles are being dysfunctional and spasming and that has something to do with it.

18. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      @Mike34 Well, I truly hope you feel better soon. I forgot to take the turmeric last night!!! :oops: Will keep you in my prayers. Have a good day.

19. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mike34

Mike34 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Hope you're better as well!

• Funny Funny x 1
    20. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      @Mike34 Yesterday the humming was sooo low. It was beautiful. Today is back...with a headache...sigh. When will this stop?? (Dear Lord have mercy. ) Hope you continue to improve.

21. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mike34

Mike34 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Anyone with any tips? Mine has recently come back for good. Really no idea what caused that.

• Hug Hug x 1
    22. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Friend of mine has fluctuating humming. She has responded to treatment for her adrenal fatigue.

• Agree Agree x 1
    23. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Sorry Mike34. The only relief I get is by placing a couple of air purifiers around my house and the hum (when the machine is ON, on low) cancels the hum completely. I just spoke with an Audiologist a couple of days ago and he said that it is probably because we have low frequency hearing loss. ??? Well, do not despair. Does anything helps to cancel it for you????

24. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mike34

Mike34 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Sometimes low frequency noise does. Honestly I can deal with it except at night going to sleep. It's impossible to ignore and keeps me up.

25. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mike34

Mike34 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      I think it's worth mentioning that along with this came the weird fluttering ear sensations. I have three distinct ones - a click, a very deep rumbling (feels like a very quick muscle spasm), and the fluttering eardrum (feels like a microphone thumping) which I believe is the tensor tympani. These had all gone away for the most part. M planning to cut out refined sugar and begin Vit D again and see if that helps.

26. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Ok, why don't you put a fan or some kind of small appliance with a low hum sound near your bed at night?? I have an air purifier 2 feet from my bed... Also the hum from my furnace cancels it completely... and the hum of the air humidifier. Yes, cut the sugars and coffee...it might help. (easier said than done).

The facial steam machine seems to help too and nasal spray fluticasone. Lots of water. Just keep trying different things ok... I hope you catch some zzzzz's. :)

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    27. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mike34

Mike34 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      T
      Thanks! I just had my third child (boy) so that may be limited anyway. :)

28. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Awww! Well congratulations!!! And oh boy, yes I guess sleeping will be limited...lol. But be of good cheer, you will get better soon. Enjoy your precious baby every moment of the day.

29. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mike34

Mike34 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Thanks. Been having some tensor tympani and stapedial myoclonus lately that really sucks. Not sure I'll ever get better.

30. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Have you tried muscle relaxers?? It will go away... give it some time.