Hydration/Hot Shower/Eustachi Device Experiment

Discussion in 'Support' started by JasonP, Jan 4, 2018.

1. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      One thing lately I was thinking about is how Eustachian Tube Dysfunction can cause some people's tinnitus. An experiment I propose is drinking a sports drink and then a bottle of water (maybe 2). Next, waiting a couple of hours to let your body get hydrated. Secondly, start up a hot shower in the bathroom and let the bathroom get full of steam (so no fan on). Then (of course have the hot shower at a a safe temperature) get in the shower for 5 minutes or so (not sure exact time). Finally, using the Eustachi device a couple of times to pop your ears (only if your tinnitus hasn't dropped).

Eustachi device on Amazon.

My idea is that hydrating the body can thin certain mucous secretions in the body, the hot steam can possibly open the Eustachian tubes more and finally the Eustachi device can pop open the Eustachian tubes.

I found a thread on how hot steam can lower some people's tinnitus:

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/inhaling-hot-steam-reduced-my-tinnitus.8129/

Of course no one should do this who isn't healthy enough and hot steam could cause certain people to become lightheaded or possibly some other bad thing I don't know about so DO NOT do this experiment if it will hurt you!

If you do this and it helps, please report back! If there is a flaw in any of my thinking, please tell me. I can't guarantee any of this will work and I'm sure it won't work on all people as tinnitus has many causes.