Hyperacusis and Blood Tests

Discussion in 'Support' started by Juan, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      Hi,

Have you guys taken a blood test to try to identify any potential contributing factor to your H?

I am thinking of having a blood test more comprehensive than the ones that are routine.. what do you think the blood test should measure?

I have read about thyroid function, rheumatoid, sodium, magnesium, vitamin B12, etc.. I read that an autoinmune disease could be a cause of H too, but I do not know what specific markers measure that on a blood test.

Thanks!

2. lapidus

lapidus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Yes, but they came back normal. I think they looked mainly at my magnesium and b12 levels.

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      I had a very detailed blood test and alreday got the results. Vitamin D is slightly below normal limits, and leucocites are below normal limits too. It turned out positive on Antinuclear Antibodies, which may show an autoinmune disease. The GP ruled out any significant autoinmune disease on the grounds that other markers should show significant variations from the normal limits. The GP said that even if leucocites are below normal and Vitamin D just on the lower normal range, it is not significant.

I am wondering if there are tests that can show which kind of Antinuclear Antibodies are those.. let's see what the ENT says.. or maybe I should check with a rheumathologist.