Hyperaware

Discussion in 'Support' started by Emily Lown, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Emily Lown

Emily Lown Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Infection, Inflamed ear drum
      So I had an ear infection, during a cold, I woke up one day with ear fullness in my sleep, didn't think anything of it, thought it was from the cold, didn't go away, tried ear wax removal drops with syringe and q-tips, didn't work, it got irritated. Woke up a couple days later with my left ear roaring when I woke up, ringing. I went to urgent care and they said I had a wax buildup irritation, and ear infection.

Fast forward to today, still ringing after all that but today I woke up with it unplugged ringing loudly (I have been using Flonase and zyrtec that the doc told me to try), my right also started to do a weird noise and be full, awesome.

Well it opened up today but now I am hyper aware of so much, noises, me, my heartbeat all of it and high pitched ring, I am so nervous. This is a month this has slowly been going down til today. The day before it was real full and and ringing off in a distant and my hearing has been way off.

Has anyone had anything like this? Thanks!

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Your tinnitus is causing stress/anxiety. This is something all of us have had and it is normal to feel like that. It will take some time to get adjusted to the ringing and the lack of silence. Do try to reach out to people that you love and talk things out with them.

Also, colds can take quite a bit of time to build up and quite a bit of time to heal too. Just try to remain calm and try to remain patient. Tinnitus is not an easy thing to deal with and all of us have reached out to others for support.

Be well :)

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    3. Michael B
      No Mood

Michael B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      '11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      Emily, the hypersensitivity to sound should subside in time. Hopefully your tinnitus will as well. Easier said than done in the beginning, but try keeping yourself distracted from the tinnitus. As time goes on, it will become easier.

4. Billlf

Billlf Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Exposure to loud noise
      The sudden onset is really thought to cope with, I had same thing. Took about 3 months to start sleeping without medication, then another 6 months to believe that I’d be ok. Doing great now. Ringing as i type this but I really don’t mind at all. It’ll get better for you too.