I Can't Concentrate

Discussion in 'Support' started by Larry Chu, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Larry Chu

Larry Chu Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2011
      I wake up in the morning and there it is. The sound of my stupid pulsatile tinnitus. I wish I can lay in bed and just listen to it until it goes away, but it won't. I don't feel like getting up and doing anything because I'm already starting my day off angry about the sound. There's no winning with this problem except maybe just not being able to hear at all.

2. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      Larry, Have you looked into sleep apnea, or an oral appliance for teeth clenching while you sleep?

3. Louise

Louise Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      29/06/2012 worsened Jan 2017 & Dec 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Its tough Larry. I miss enjoying a lie in after awkening. I also miss that lovely 'Hmmm Im tired I'll go to my comfy bed'. Both those things are lost since T. Hopefully we will reach a point like others have on here where the T no longer bothers our sleep even if we can still hear it. You're not alone in your morning feelings :)

4. daedalus

daedalus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2007
      At my t beginnings, the tinnitus was the first thing i heard and it used to wake me completely in a tenth of a second. I hated that of course. Now i can wake up slowly like before in spite of the t.

Also, i couldn't concentrate on the simplest text. I was desperate. Then after several months i picked a book and started to read again. Now i can do maths for hours without trouble.

I did nothing to get better. It just happened with time.

5. Joel

Joel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1/13
      I know how you feel Larry. I wake up like I'm some kid anxiously waiting for a college acceptance letter (silence) only to find another denial letter in the mailbox (good ole' 8400 Hz ringing away).

I think the key for me is to fight disappointment.

I'm not saying I am a master at that (yet), but at least I've identified the enemy per say.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Larry Chu

Larry Chu Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2011
      Thanks, you all. I'm definitely much happier when I'm listening to music to hide the PT. I feel like I can think and that my thoughts actually make sense. I'll try putting in headphones in the morning when I wake up :)