I Can't Separate This Signal Type of Sound from My "Normal" Tinnitus — Is This a Real Sound?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Raphael7713, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Raphael7713
      Alone

Raphael7713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 14, 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      So I've had tinnitus for exactly two years. In the large picture, I'm fine, I'm more than fine, and have been for a long time. I can only hear tinnitus when I'm trying to sleep and even then it doesn't bother me.

But today...

I woke up, went to the balcony had a smoke, went inside. Nothing strange. Two hours later I go out on the balcony for a smoke again, and I hear this signal type of sound. I figured it came from the outside. When I went inside I could hear the same noise just as clear. I went out for a walk later on... nothing, no sound.

Before I went on my walk I went into a quiet room to see if the noise was in my head or not and it was quiet.

When I got home I went into my room which is dead silence, and this time I could hear that "signal noise". I don't know if this is a new form of tinnitus, or if I'm tilting myself from a sound that has external source.

Now I've been thinking on that sound entire day and it feels like it's constantly in my head and I hear it.

I can no longer differentiate from a "real" tinnitus or if the sound is real, from a source.

I hope you know what I'm trying to say. I'm just so confused right now and irritated.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Raphael7713
      Alone

Raphael7713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 14, 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Bump

3. Tamara

Tamara Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Raphael7713,
      Can you stop smoking?
      Smoking is very bad for the ear and other health problems.
      I'm proud of how the anti-smoking campaign worked out here.

• Agree Agree x 1