I Can't Sleep, Just Cry — 3:30am

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Gigi, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Vincent777
      Supportive

Vincent777 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      25/12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced after a rock concert where I played
      Glad I was of some help. Great to hear, stay strong @Gigi. It will pass, just give it time. The main thing is to not pay attention to it, if you do it will never go away, that's what doctor told me. You need to focus on things,completely occupy your mind with something so you never pay attention to the ringing. That's the only way to beat it. Doctor told me that Tinnitus can influence your emotions but also your emotions can influence tinnitus to subside and go away.

• Like Like x 1
    2. Carlos
      Surrender

Carlos Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Your story is very similar to mine. A past friend insisted I go to a club with him, even though I didnt want to since I had never been to one and was not interested. I kept saying no, and I finally accepted to go just to keep him company, and it turned out to be the worst decision of my life. I can tell you that you are doing a good job by seeking help early in the begining, I remember in my early years I was able to habituate and continue by keeping busy with school and work, but I was still unaware that I needed to take preventative measures, as no doctor ever advised me in how to protect myself. What I recommend you do is prevent any further damage by taking special care and precaution of your ears. If your tinnitus continues, in a sense it means your ears are a bit weak, so you should try to never expose them to anymore loud envionments without proper protection. Be careful with speakers never be at close range within them, or any source that may be potentially loud from being within the perimeters of your ears, for example balloons, as they may accidently pop, or being outdoors on 4th of July/New Years because of fireworks. If you need advice I can definitely give you some tips. Right now your mind and body are going through shock and it can be a traumatic experience, it causes regret, grief, anger and so many mixed emotions but you will get better and habituate. The key from there will be to prevent further damage and changing your lifestyle to accommodate your needs when it comes to tinnitus.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Gigi
      Alienated

Gigi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      music
      Thanks for all of your comments guys :) @Carlos yes I am absolutely taking more precautions to protect my ears. I use to only wear ear plugs when I played music or went to parties, but now I keep some in my wallet and all of my bags so I am ready for where ever I may go. It is tricky because I am in music school right now and all we do is listen to music and all our homework is music. So I am trying to take breaks every hour. I never even thought about balloons and fire works, yes what other tips do you have? Thank you for your response. :)

4. Carlos
      Surrender

Carlos Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      The tips I am going to give you now are much more in detail and somewhat harder to accept, but trust me, I made so many mistakes because I didnt have the proper guidance, I wish I did before my tinnitus got extremely bad, but I want to help you. You are going to have to give up some aspects of your life that seem important now that you are young but as you get older you will ralize they are not. Parties!!! Parties are the worst environment you can be in. There is always music, you cant predict how much louder the next song will be, and usually in parties there is alcohol which impairs your judgement, makes you feel good, and might cause you to ignore your tinnitus, but will surely affect you the next day if you were exposed for a long period of time to the music at the party. If I could go back, I would never have gone to a party again after my tinnitus, but it was hard for me because Im in a fraternity and Im extremely social, part of my healing was meeting new people, building relationships, dating and so forth, and parties were a place I could do that, but it caused me harm throughout the years as there were times when things got loud and I wasnt expecting it, even though I had ear plugs in my pocket at all times. I treat my earplugs like my wallet, take them everywhere. Some friends of yours might influence you to go to certain events and have fun, where the noise level might be loud, but the truth is most of your friends will not understand how sensitive your situation is, so no one can be the guardian of your ears except you, you have to resist going to certain events, and maybe give up certain freinds whose lifestyles cant mix with yours. You have to surround yourself to similar poeple like you. I strongly suggest making freinds with people who have tinnitus or friends that are truly compassionate and arent really about the party life, I have never had the opportunity to do that, but Im sure my social life would be just as great, because you will be with people who understand and will truly look out for you. Remember your tinnitus was caused at a bar, continuing to go to these kinds of places, might damage you more, and you know like I do, that it only takes one loud sound to change it all, your ears. Try to renew your mind, your soul, and really think deep about what you want in life and who you want to be, as tinnitus is life changing, so should your goals in life. Its hard, I know, I didnt do this right away, basically until now. Personally, tinnitus led me to reading the Bible, led me back to my faith, and I started to realize that I was focused on the earthly things, and my love for God wasn't present, I loved the things of the world and lost sight of what is truly important, life after death, and Jesus Christ. PS. Music, you have to think deep and hard as to where this career will lead you, and the dangers it might present to your overall health. In my mind, having your health, family, loving friends, and Jesus Christ in your heart, constitutes being truly rich in life, there is no need for anything else outside of that to be happy, the rest comes. There is not enough money in the world to buy any of these things, especially health, so money doesnt make a person rich. It is the ultimate test, but you can prevail. It all depends on what you want out of life. Please be careful and contact me anytime you need help.

5. Fung Chow

Fung Chow Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Hi Vincent, I started hear hissing sounds in my left ear after New Year celebration in the pub, it was loud music and we stayed there for a couple of hours. A week later I started to hear hissing sound and it was three weeks ago. You have to stay positive and more you think the T which is going make it worse, first at all stay calm and relax. Can I ask how long do you have T and what sound like?
      Speak soon.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Gigi
      Alienated

Gigi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      music
      Uh god it is so loud right now you guys

• Hug Hug x 3