I could use some helpful advice. I'm suffering.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Maithe Marshall, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Hudson
      Cowboy

Hudson Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      I did not feel like the same person I had been for quite a while when tinnitus hit me when I was 17. I went through some definite rough patches. Girls did not understand why I would wear ear plugs to movies or did not want to go to concerts with them.

You are still the same person who happens to have a bit of tinnitus. Hang in there. It hasn't killed me or ruined my youth in any way. It won't have that effect on you. You're experiencing some terrible anxiety from the sounds of it right now. Seeing an ENT is helpful to make sure no medical reasons exist for your tinnitus, but seeing a psychiatrist may help with some of the anxiety and depression.

I am serious. Hang in there and stay busy. Be with your friends as much as possible. Spend as little time as possible sitting around by yourself. That allows your mind to have all the time in the world to think about tinnitus and feel bad for itself. When I truly started feeling better was when I started hanging out with my friends again, going to parties and being normal. The hardest part of my early tinnitus days was the beginning when I would sit around alone and get caught up in a cycle of anxiety.

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Maithe Marshall
      Gloomy

Maithe Marshall Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Last week.
      Thanks for the advice it means a lot..
      I love this forum and I think it's helped me a lot, in the last few days..

I hope this goes away for me or that I find the reason why this came so suddenly. I hope a cure is on the way that will work to treat acute and tinnitus that people have had for a long long time. I really do. @Hudson

3. Mark McDill
      Curious

Mark McDill Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely stress, anxiety, an antibiotic and nsaids
      Maithe
      Take heart; you WILL be the same girl you were 8 days ago and quite possibly better. T is really tough in the first phases; but it will get better. Everyone's positive inputs are valid; they know what they are talking (even though it may be hard for you to accept right now). Hold on tight; good days ahead...:)

Prayers

Mark

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Maithe Marshall
      Gloomy

Maithe Marshall Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Last week.
      Thank you @Mark McDill I really hope there are good days ahead..
      I even hope that there is a cure soon for all of us suffering.

5. Mark McDill
      Curious

Mark McDill Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely stress, anxiety, an antibiotic and nsaids
      Maithe
      I was in the USAF (20 years); are you at Holloman or Cannon? It would be awesome if you went into the medical field; the AF is a great place to be. I retired 2005 here at Offutt AFB.

Mark

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Maithe Marshall
      Gloomy

Maithe Marshall Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Last week.
      Were actually at Cannon! That's awesome! Thank you for your service :) yes I'm really excited and still plan joining the Air National Guard. It was my dream in high school to want to serve this country. @Mark McDill