I Developed Tinnitus 3 Months Ago — Any Suggestions on My Next Steps?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Rock, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Rock

Rock Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loss of some hearing in the right ear.
      I didn't know where to start in this forum. Because of some hearing loss(minor-moderate), I developed T. about 3 months ago, except it seems more in my head than in my ear. Sure is loud sometimes, lately most of the time. My doctor gave me a hearing aid for one ear. Doesn't help T but helps me hear better, says my wife:) Any suggestions anyone on my next step.

Rock

2. gotyoubynuts

gotyoubynuts Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1990
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      Welcome, it's a waiting hell for us Rock!! There are no good treatments :( Time improves the noise sometimes...

• Like Like x 1
    3. MikeL1972

MikeL1972 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Uknown
      Hi Rock,

Welcome to the site.

I've had tinnitus since March and the best thing I can tell you is not to get stressed or anxious over it. It will not kill you. I know it is not easy as you are doing the natural thing and putting up your emotional and mental defense systems against it, but it is a losing battle. Just ignore it and your mind will gradually dismiss it and put it in the 'not important' file of your brain. It will take some work, but you can do it. The worst thing you can do is to change your mood or daily activities because of it! Live life and enjoy!!

• Like Like x 2
    4. MikeP505
      Curious

MikeP505 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Punishment for being so darn good looking!
      Hello Rock and welcome.

Sorry to hear about your issues and we here at Tinnitus Talk fully understand your issues and concerns. Do you know what caused your hearing loss in the right ear? Do you only hear tinnitus in your right ear?

• Like Like x 1
    5. Lorac

Lorac Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden profound hearing loss in left ear.
      Welcome to the forum @Rock ,
      Reducing caffeine helps me. Reducing exposure to loud sounds helps me also. Some people use masking sounds to help with tinnitus. It's hard to say whether or not your T is here to stay. Let's hope that you're is temporary but if not, you may find it to be less intrusive as time goes by.

• Like Like x 1
    6. volsung37

volsung37 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Just take one day at a time. Your ability to cope will grow over time. Appreciate the little things in life that you may have overlooked when everything seemed rosy. Somehow you will pull through.

• Like Like x 1