I Don't Know What to Do? Tinnitus Screaming After Stopping Fasting

Discussion in 'Support' started by Christian82, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Christian82

Christian82 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2014
      I fasted for 5 days, only water nothing else, I have done this before and this time I had the same result.

First my tinnitus increases a bit but then on the 5 day or so it decreased and stayed that way. This was amazing!

Today was the first day that I wanted to stop fasting and continue with a Keto Diet seeing that I was in Ketosis from the fasting.

After eating olives, macadamia nuts, goat cheese, salt, marinated chicken breast and cheese, bacon and ground beef, my tinnitus is now screaming high...

I really need you support one this one.

What could it be? Is it the salt or the salicylates or maybe histamines?

I had some test done and my histamine levels were high but just below the maximum value where anything above would count as an intolerance.

What should I do in you opinion?

Which of these could it be and what should I test first?

Thanks for your support!

• Creative Creative x 1
    2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      In the past, I noticed that my T would always get worse after I ate yogurt (and other milk products). It is possible that your T got louder because of that goat cheese.

• Informative Informative x 1
    3. Elinor
      No Mood

Elinor Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure and barotrauma
      Salty foods tend to make mine temporary worse and you seem to have eaten several things that can be somewhat high in sodium. I'd try eliminating salt first, but it's of course up to you.

• Agree Agree x 5
      • Like Like x 1
    4. leledany

leledany Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2016-11-02
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Which is the cause of your T? If you know......

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Christian82

Christian82 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2014
      Thx guys for your input:)
      I will try salt first and then dairy!

My tinnitus on the left was caused by barotrauma and the one in the left by a slap on the ear.

• Like Like x 1
    6. David99

David99 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      a long time
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      My T has been high the morning after eating a lot of carbs.

I have changed my diet a lot recently to a low carb diet. I've lost a bunch of weight and I think that I have seen an improvement in my T though it still is not great. I also have done Intermittant Fasting but the longest that I've gone is 24 hours without food. I keep reading about improved brain health from fasting and wonder if a longer fast would improve my T more but am not sure it will help. I do know that when my T is screaming, I change my diet, or start a short fast.

Also, I've noticed that my T switches ears pretty regularly. Some days left dominant, other days right dominant. This leads me to believe that it is not an ear thing as much as a brain thing and that diet could potentially improve things a lot.

• Like Like x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    7. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      How are you feeling now?

8. Peat_Fairmud

Peat_Fairmud Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      explosion near left ear, resulting in torn ear drum
      Had T. for 50 years, original insult to left ear drum from fireworks explosion.
      Recent spikes, three of them.
      I think I have made a link between fasting, resumption of food and spike in T.
      I did a water fast yesterday, after experiencing a great improvement in T. and in sleep over the past 2 weeks (after introducing daily dose of melatonin); resumed eating today, played chess, then pace-walk in the park, then home, shower, and meditation: T. through the roof! I am on the edge of a panic attack over this.

What the hell could be going wrong?
      How could fasting lead to such an aggravation of T.?

I'm completely stymied ... feel suicidal again.

9. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      How are you feeling now?!

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Christian82

Christian82 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2014
      Sorry for the late update. I went really well for months only a low hiss in the background.
      I decided to go Whole Food Pland Based and after only eating like this for a week its back screaming.

I do have some stress but I sure of its that with me its not only stress but the food I consume.

I still have to figured out if it due to salicylates or histamines or maybe something else.

Also I have the feeling that whatever is spiking the T build up over time.

So for now I decided the start intermitting fasting 24 H and eat a diet low in histamines and see how that goes.

If there is no change I will try eating a diet low in salicylates and histamines.

Let see if that makes a differance, baecause it hast to be something in the food.

Cheers,

Chris

• Like Like x 4
    11. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      Is it possible you ate too much right after a 5-day fast, and the stress to your body triggered the tinnitus? Maybe none of the foods were offenders, but the amount was. -- Just a thought.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    12. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      @Christian82

Yes this. I’ve done a few fasts, up to eight days, also some dry fasting 36 hours, you have to take things so slow when you reintroduce foods. you can die if you eat the wrong foods, that’s what a shock it can be to the system. I come off with just fruit juice, maybe even dilute with water, then solid water based fruits, then fruits plus vegetables, eggs, etc. Take it slow coming back. I’m no expert, just kind of listen to the body.

I’ve had some success with fasting, going to try it again when I get the courage up. Having a tough time at this point, I get quite addicted to food and booze, especially with this new level tinnitus that I have.

I think things like chicken, and ground beef are a little hard to digest after 5 days.

• Like Like x 2
    13. Jackie Leonhard

Jackie Leonhard Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      KetoDiet
      I’ve been searching and his thread because I thought a keto diet and fasting causing my tinnitus. After reading a bunch of threads it seems like maybe a lack of magnesium could be the cause. I have learned you have to take a ton of magnesium when you’re on a keto diet and or fasting. I’m also eating a ton of salt because your body loses electrolytes when you are in ketosis and fasting. You have to drink a ton of water and they also want you eating a lot of salt to keep your electrolytes up. But then I’ve seen on here that salt can cause tonight is so I’m super confused at this point