I Don't Know What to Do With My Life

Discussion in 'Support' started by epin3m, Dec 6, 2013.

1. epin3m
      Badass

epin3m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Hello all!

I need some advice and support about what to do with my life. My story:

I am from Spain and have lived in Japan for 2 months. As soon as I arrived, a week later, I was struck by T. It is been tough, really tough to be here. Japan is a difficult country and I have not had time to make many friends and people to get support from.

I usually get more better days than bad days with T but still stresses me a lot and have lots of anxiety.

Thus, I am planning to fly back to Spain in late december to start TRT therapy and fly again in February to continue the sessions.

Now I do not have a clue about what to do with my life:

My company has offered me the possibility (not for sure) of moving to work to Portugal so that I would be closer to Madrid to get the doctor´s help. Besides I could be closer to my family and be supported, once I am almost alone in Japan.

So what´s your advice guys? Staying in Japan facing T alone or going back and having more support?

I know the decision is mine but I would like to see what people here think.

Best,
      Epin

2. Valentin

Valentin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/08/2013
      i'm living in thailand and for now i won't change my projects just because of tinnitus(there's nothing to do besides enrolling in an AM-101 trial), when i was a teenager my dream was to go to live in japan, for different reasons it changed later in life but i still plan to go to japan.

if you can get a job, shigoto not baito, stay in japan if you can, great opportunities.

but of course i"m not in your mind and i can't hear your tinnitus...

3. Dan Turner
      Transparent

Dan Turner Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi Epin....
      I'm trying to imagine how I'd feel going into Tinnitus in a foreign city....to stay.

I think you're on the right track to head home to be tested for what brought on the Tinnitus or whatever cognitive therapy or other counseling that may come necessary in the near future.

I met a young lass that suffers from an acute sensory ability for anything that deals with a transmitted signal. When she moved here, she took a home nearby a navigational transmitter that was a part of the Atlanta airport. What was worse would be the sensory issue dealing with ultrasonic frequency for some burglar systems used for anti-theft/anti-burglar in older retail stores. She and her husband moved to the north Georgia mountains to house sit for a few months at the first of this year.

Within hours of settling in....she was no longer troubled or annoyed by transmitters or ultrasonic vibes. They sold their home and stayed in the rurals away from saturation of transmitters in the Atlanta area.

Would it be possible for you to take a long train ride to a distant part of Japan that wasn't involved with all the electronics for a few days? I only suggest this due to the parallel to the situation with the young lady here in the Atlanta. The coincidence of your moving to Japan and your onset of possible "Tinnitus" could be an environmental issue....maybe a combination of air quality, soils and/or electronics to service many, many people in a very small area.

It's a reasonable suggestion...if it's not a tremendous expense to go someplace for a couple of days to test out.

Good luck!

Dan Turner
      Conyers, Ga

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      epin3m
      Badass

epin3m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Hey Dan,

My tinnitus appeared because I had a otitis media prior my trip to Japan. After a week here I started having T. The otitis was successfully treated but the Tinnitus remains....... right now I have the feeling that will never overcome it :(

5. Dan Turner
      Transparent

Dan Turner Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Keep a positive outlook. Ear infections can be a tough thing to accomplish for a complete cure. For instance, I had an occasion to develop from otitis media.....a condition known as "glue ear."

The eardrum was intubated to relieve pressure as well as to allow the discharge out....and air in. It was six months (with two different tube sessions and a variety of meds and check ups) to be able to HEAR in that ear. The tympanic membrane was damped by the build up and the material just took forever to finally drain or absorb.

I remember exactly the time of day when that ear just "closed up" for sound and exactly when a slight "popping noise" occurred and I was back to hearing....but again, it took six months. In the interim, I did have ENTs to visit to make sure everything was on the mend.

I truly hope you're simply in the healing up process....but a good ENT that you trust and is convenient for you to visit is a good thing to have on your side.

Good luck!

Dan

6. Carlos1

Carlos1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Root Canal
      Hi Epin, My personal experience when I got T.... I lean on my family quite a bit not that they could do anything but just the love and support I recieved seemed to help the anxiety the T brought me. After a couple of months I realize that it wasn't fair for me to lay such a burden on them and I started trying to manage and handle the T on my own by going on forums like this for the support.
      By the way I was born and raised in Portugal before moving to the USA.
      Portugal is a beautiful place to live.

Good luck God Bless you

Carlos

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    7. carol kane
      Wishful

carol kane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      Hi Epin, i´m alone also but i´m in your country, Southern Spain Manilva, just moved here from the UK 6 weeks ago, got t 4.4 weeks ago so i know just how you feel! i haven´t met anyone (friends) yet either. I want to go home just to be near my friends and family for some support too, but i have rented out my house in the UK and so have nowhere to stay, i could stay with some family but they have very loud children and that would not be good for my t, so i´ve decided to stay in Spain for now. No one can answer your question, it´s up to you what you decide to do!!! i don´t know about your finances and such like!! I can however tell you this... NO ONE can stop this incessant ringing, Hissing, drumming, shushing, whooshing, it is what it is!! If you do decide to go home please protect you ears from the airplane journey, don´t whatever you do let your ears take more punishment, things have changed in your life regarding your ears, from now on plug your ears if you think you might be at risk!! I wish good things for you,and wish you well, let me know how your´re coping.

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. Riikka

Riikka Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2007
      Epin, that's sounds like a difficult situation and decision. But fortunately your workplace seems quite supportive, that's good. I also might have to leave abroad for work and I'm not sure if I can handle that at the moment as the tinnitus is stressing me out already very much. The will for sure come also other opportunities for you to go abroad, but if you will get another chance to move to Japan if you decide to leave now, who knows. But it depends on you, how bad your tinnitus is, and if you feel you have the strength to handle all that stress. Maybe you can try to find a supportive, english speaking doctor in Japan?