I First Noticed My Tinnitus While I Was Recovering from a Hernia Operation

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Davy, Nov 6, 2021.

1. Davy
      Alienated

Davy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 21
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Hi, my name is Davy.

I 1st noticed my tinnitus while I was recovering from a hernia operation at home. At 1st it was just a slight buzz in my left ear which I had to sit in a quiet room or lie in bed in silence to hear it but now it is a lot louder and I also get like a frequency noise in my left ear as well which sometimes goes over to my right ear.

I always had a worry about getting tinnitus because I grind my teeth and will get very sore ears. I have a fullness in my ears and also wear a biteguard at night.

I have been to the doctors several times and I am taking Phenergan tablets at night to help me sleep and Nasonex spray every morning.

Since I 1st got my tinnitus it is slowly getting worse and as I write this now my head is buzzing.

I went to ENT a few weeks ago but the doctor to say the least was not very helpful. Looked in my ears, up my nose, down my throat and said there's nothing he can do. I have also been to an audiologist who said my hearing is 100% perfect.

One thing that I find strange is that 9/10 times I wake up in the morning I can't hear my tinnitus, then a minute or two later it starts building up again... Here's hoping it doesn't keep increasing.

2. CykoJon

CykoJon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi. I've got something similar to you since I got my 1st COVID-19 vaccine jab. One thing that helps me when my hum/drone acts up is to take a hot shower which brings it down from a 10/10 to a 1/10. See if that helps. Also, I've had this thing for 6 months now and things have been pretty stable so far although that could change.

Good luck, I hope it goes away for you.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Davy
      Alienated

Davy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 21
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Hi, I also had my 1st COVID-19 jab maybe 4-6 weeks prior to my hernia operation. Maybe that could be the reason but never really thought about it.

It was a Pfizer vaccine.