I Fought My Doctor and Won

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by kevinjohnston1, Feb 4, 2017.

1. kevinjohnston1

kevinjohnston1 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus
      You just HAVE to hear this!

Ok the clock is ticking on treating my hearing and tinnitus problem. It was caused by a virus, and a month is the longest anyone treats it.

At the last visit, my doctor gave me my third shot of Prednison in my eardrum. She said she
      hardly ever gives a fourth shot unless there is significant improvement,

So I set my next appointment, which was today.

I got my hearing tested, and the audiologist said my hearing was about the same.
      Maybe a slight improvement, but essentially unchanged.

So I see the doctor. She is surprised to see me because she wanted me to come
      back in a month, not a week. This means she was not planning to give me a fourth
      shot and that it would be time to talk hearing aids.

But since I had mistakenly come back in a week, she looked at my new hearing
      test and said it had essentially not changed, maybe a little bit, but not enough
      to justify a fourth shot.

I told her I found it odd that it improves each time "a little bit" but each time is not
      significant. I asked her to compare today's test with my first one.

Her jaw dropped. There was a very big difference. Like 4 times better than the type of improvement she wants to see. She said she must not have remembered it right. She said she would definitely do a fourth shot based on this "significant' improvement.

So because I was insistent, in the space of less than a minute I went from "no
      change" to "significant improvement."

That got me a fourth shot.

All because I was suspicious of these "little" changes that they were
      discounted and asked to compare from when I started. Also, she "forgot" about
      where I had started.

Now my tinnitus has dropped a lot more.

The same doctor shrugged off Notched Audio Therapy. She said she had never heard of it, and that she wouldn't trust a therapy that had no studies to support it.

I asked her, if she has never heard of it, how does she know there are no studies? In fact, there are studies. They show Notched Audio Therapy reduces tinnitus significantly.

This arrogant doctor "forgot" my hearing test results, failed to even compare hearing tests, and dismissed the only therapy that actually reduces tinnitus.

I had to fight the whole way, and the clock was ticking because damage to hearing from a virus has to be addressed quickly.

Oh it turns out my doctor is selling hearing aids. That explains it. She couldn't make money off of Notched Audio Therapy. It was in her best interest NOT to reduce my tinnitus, so I would buy a hearing aid.

• Like Like x 3
    2. MikeGreen
      Uninvolved

MikeGreen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Spotify
      What a disgraceful fiend with a PhD in deception and malicious behaviour. I thought you gave him a beating when you said "i fought my doctor and i won" obviously doctors arent really great martial artists with the exception of dr strange but what you did here was more than a beating.

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Well done with pushing forwards with your treatment and pushing her to realise how far you had come from as they easy forget...lots of love glynis

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      kevinjohnston1

kevinjohnston1 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus
      I have not met a doctor who cares about the suffering of patients with tinnitus. They are taught that it can't be "cured" so they shrug and say "ignore it." I told my doctor, "That's the same exact tinnitus treatment we had in the Dark Ages." The truth is, there is a treatment for tinnitus that reduces it dramatically. It has been clinically tested and it works. Very well.

I want to let you know I do NOT have any financial interest in the company that I am going to tell you about. I don't work for them, and I don't get any money. Yet I will scream about this treatment from the mountain tops, because I know the panic, fear, depression and feelings of helplessness of being a tinnitus sufferer myself.

Go to AudioNotch.com. Read the medical studies they give you links to. Start the treatment today. VERY inexpenisive, like you can start for $39. You will also have to have a set of noise-cancelling headphones.

There is zero reason not to use this therapy. If your doctors tell you that you are on your own, take charge and get started on your own. It is working for me after two weeks. The science behind it is solid and has been tested in trials. .
      I am angry that doctors are indifferent to your suffering. I know a nine year old autistic boy the doctors left to suffer with the ringing in his ears. He doesn't understand it and says, "Why is this happening to me?" His mother sits up nights crying.

You bet your backside I told her about the therapy, and he is starting on it now.

I will tell everyone about it as loudly as I can. AudioNotch.com.

Your brain will retrain. You will win.

• Informative Informative x 2
    5. Dominic1955
      Artistic

Dominic1955 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic hearing loss
    6. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Good for you man.

When I first got tinnitus I saw two ENTs on the same day (just happened that way because I scheduled ASAP and the other had a cancellation). The first ENT was sympathetic, prescribed me Prednison and told me she could give me a shot of Prednison in the ear. But because I had another appointment and didn't know any better I decided to hold off. I saw the 2nd ENT and he told me "it's permanent, learn to live with it" and tried to sell me inner ear maskers and didn't even offer steroids. I shouldn't have even seen that 2nd ENT and to this day I wonder if the steroid injection in my ear would have helped.