I Found a Cure for My Tinnitus by Accident — Want to Share w/ You All

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by lauras3, Nov 7, 2016.

1. lauras3

lauras3 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1 year agao
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hello, I'm new to this forum and this issue. I am in my late 40s, female and recently developed tinnitus a little under a year ago. Like many say, it has been aggravating and had resigned myself to the possibility that I would have to live with it for the rest of my life. I have tried many supplements to lesson both a streaming, non-stop ring that will move from one ear to the other or settle in both. I also have the annoying tinny sound (wonder if this is where the name came from), like something is banging on tin, making a high pitched noise that is constant with little breaks in between. It's hard to explain but there it is. Anyway, the supplements were not working - I won't bother to name. Lucky for me, I think I figured out what happened, why it came on so suddenly and how it has stopped.

Here is the path. I had been taking many vitamins and sups for years for general good health. In particular, I also took a few to keep my monthly cycle/hormones smoothed out - stay with me fellas because I think this could matter to you too. Over the last year, I switched my home office from downstairs to upstairs where I would then forget to take my supplements on time and some of them altogether.

I wondered if anything had changed in my health as a result of not taking them all and since I didn't notice any change other than the tinnitus, I decided to move some of my online subscriptions from AMAZON out some to test if I really needed them all.

Well, there was one I forgot to cancel that showed up on my doorstep so it prompted me to start taking it again - it was expensive so I though why not. Let's get back on it and see if I notice any difference.

Well, I also could not stand leaving the TV on any more while I slept so I turned it off and was shocked that I had no ringing in my ears - none. I thought it must be a fluke and that surly it would come back.

So after a few nights of peace, I tried to think about what had changed in the last few days/weeks - diet had not changed, exercise had not changed - and then realized that I had begun taking Primrose Oil again. The ladies may know it is great for cramping/relaxation, well being. I did some research online about primrose oil and it appears to lower blood pressure so if you are on any blood pressure/blood thinning meds, good to test w/your doc.

Otherwise, I would give it a try. I buy a high quality brand on Amazon - see below. It's not cheap but it has been miraculous for me and I wanted to get this out on the forum in case it helps anyone. it took a couple weeks most likely to get into my system but now it's like I never had it. Good luck all.

Barlean's Organic Oils Organic Evening Primrose Oil.

• Like Like x 3
      • Winner Winner x 2
      • Informative Informative x 1
    2. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      Wow, kinda hard to believe this amazing success story got so little attention, and NO replies. I just did a quick search online, and came up with the following at THIS SITE:

Omega-3 helped him... Dear editor,

I'd like to share with you something that seems to have helped my tinnitus to disappear. I developed tinnitus in 2000. I sought help from 2 medical doctors, from an acupuncturist and a reflexologist to no avail. I have had tinnitus since then.

At the later part of last year (2004), probably October, I started taking Omega-3 and an Evening Primrose oil capsules to address my hair loss problem. Coincidentally, I read later from your newsletter that Omega 3 seems to have a calming effect on the nerves.

After a month of taking Omega 3 and evening primrose oil, I noticed that the ringing sound in my ears have lessened, now, 4 months later, it's almost gone. I cross my fingers hoping that my tinnitus would completely be cured and would remain that way for life.

Reynaldo.

P.S. I also avoid eating hot/chili augmented food.

Dear Reynaldo, Thank you for your message and I'm delighted you were able to reduce the tinnitus so effectively. I'm sure others would like to hear about this as well. We recently published an article on the benefits of Omega-3 for tinnitus which can be viewed by clicking here.

Wishing you quiet times, Barry Keate
      I might just go ahead and post the following as well (from THIS SITE), since I just ran across it, and don't really know where else to post it at this time

It is known that Cannabinoids do interact with auditory nerves receptors that affect the perception of sound in the brain. This finding alone should motivate research into the efficacy of Cannabinoids in Tinnitus. Currently, most research revolved around the activity of the psychoactive Cannabinoid THC. In some cases, THC was found to make phantom buzzing worse. Though this finding is negative, it does implicate the drug in the hearing process.

Other Cannabinoids have been shown to have an opposing effect to THC. For example, strains high in Cannabinoid CBD were found to provide relief and avoided psychosis side effects in THC intolerant individuals. These findings imply theoretical possibilities for other Cannabinoids in the the treatment of Tinnitus and other disorders. Further research, especially clinical trials, with other Cannabinoids, particularly CBD is definitely in order.​

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
      • Informative Informative x 1
    3. Vicki14
      Panicky

Vicki14 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      Wow! Me too! I’m surprised at the lack of response but I understand you get so disheartened by this condition. I will try ANYTHING to stop this noise! Thank you x

• Agree Agree x 2
    4. dayma
      Pacman

dayma Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/6/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      UNKNOWN
      I take a high grade Omega-3 just because it’s good for you but it never did anything for my tinnitus. I will read up though on the Omega-6. Thanks!

5. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Thank you for rediscovering this thread, @Lane!

• Like Like x 1
    6. twa
      Busy

twa Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2017- mild /Sept. 2020-moderate
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      meds/acoustic trauma
      @lauras3

Hi,

Are you still taking Primrose Oil?

• Good Question Good Question x 2
    7. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Does anyone know if Evening Primrose Oil might have anticonvulsant properties?

I find contradictory reports of it being something that should be avoided in epilepsy, but epilepsy forums are reporting that it seems to reduce seizure activity?

• Good Question Good Question x 2
    8. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Further to this...

The Safety of Evening Primrose Oil in Epilepsy

• Like Like x 1