I Have a Joy to Share...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Kathi, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Kathi
      Balanced

Kathi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/30/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      HFHL and stress
      I'm going to be a grandmother! I am so happy and so is my husband. Life is good.

• Like Like x 10
      • Hug Hug x 4
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    2. Blair14
      Tired

Blair14 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure
      Congratulations Kathi, now all the spoiling begins!

3. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      @Kathi,

How wonderful!! Congratulations to you and your husband! Thanks for sharing this news with us.

I'm a first-time grandmother myself. My little grandson is turning three years old this week, and he is truly a blessing. Being a grandparent is a wonderful experience, and I know you'll love it!

Very best wishes,
      Karen

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    4. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Congrats Kathi!

Like Karen, I also have a toddler grandson. He's an adorable child and a lot of fun to be with. You're going to really enjoy being a grandmother!!

Oh, and unlike being their parent, you don't have to change their diapers. You just hand the child back to their mom or dad for them to change....:D

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. UserID
      Lucky

UserID Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/01/1972
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Artillery
      Let's hope there's only a couple of them in your future. My ex has ten grandchildren. Every time I turned around they were visiting. The TV was playing kid's shows, the house was noisy, there was no time or space to actually think. Moderation is best.

Allow yourself the opportunity to explore who you are. Take a cruise. Do some writing. Read a lot. Become a member of an adult group. Continue to grow intellectually. Otherwise, you will be the appointed babysitter.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kathi
      Balanced

Kathi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/30/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      HFHL and stress
      I can't wait to start spoiling my new grandson. He should be arriving at the end of April! I'm already buying stuff. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kathi
      Balanced

Kathi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/30/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      HFHL and stress

Thanks Karen! It's all so exciting! My daughter tried for five years so this child is very special!

• Like Like x 2
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kathi
      Balanced

Kathi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/30/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      HFHL and stress
      Hi Jim--I'm okay with changing diapers--it can't be any worse than cleaning up after my two kitties! But you're right about turning him over to his parents--when he's fussy! :)

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kathi
      Balanced

Kathi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/30/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      HFHL and stress
      Hi UserID--

We're only likely to have this one grandson. My daughter went through a very arduous process to have him so he is a special child--a gift!

I am old enough to know whom I am. I have taken cruises, done some writing and before T, I was a constant reader. I have discovered audio books now so am back at it. I don't mind babysitting....I'm looking forward to it. :)

10. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Same here, Kathi. My daughter and son-in-law aren't planning to have any more children, so this is my one grandson, too. I have another daughter who is younger, and not quite ready to have children yet. So, we'll see......

I am very excited for you; having a grandson is a wonderful experience!

• Agree Agree x 1
    11. Blair14
      Tired

Blair14 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure
      Reminds me Kathi of our first son, I was out buying toys too well before the day and got a chuckle from a few people!

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kathi
      Balanced

Kathi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/30/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      HFHL and stress

This was my daughter's second round of in vitro so we are just thrilled that we now have a grandson on the way! It is possible that she will undergo the process again but right now they are so excited and I don't know if they can do the process again. It is very stressful.

Maybe your younger daughter will give you another grandchild someday...maybe a granddaughter, so you can have one of each! :)

• Like Like x 2
    13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kathi
      Balanced

Kathi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/30/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      HFHL and stress
      Hi Blair,

I'm going to "Baby's R Us" today! :) I'm also planning the baby shower. :)

• Like Like x 1
    14. Blair14
      Tired

Blair14 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure
      Ha Ha, I remember Kathi, having a discussion with my wife before our son was born at the cash, why are you getting that and I was explaining my reasoning and the cashier who was a guy was smiling and listening to us. Every time I went back to the store he seen me he must have remembered, he always had that sly smile, and yes its me, I'm back again and he is still not born!

• Agree Agree x 1
    15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kathi
      Balanced

Kathi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/30/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      HFHL and stress
      I'm sure they'll get to know me at the local store too--I really can't help myself! :) At Macy's the other day I saw a really cute outfit--I said to myself that it was too soon, but I've changed my mind and will get it this weekend.

• Funny Funny x 1
    16. UserID
      Lucky

UserID Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/01/1972
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Artillery
      I'm reminded of how my grandmother used to always have candy out for us kids when we visited. She loved to spoil us and watch as we kept "sneaking" another handful of whatever she had out for us. Dinners were always the best no matter what they consisted of. It didn't matter, because there was love. You could feel it.

Grandmothers are wonderful contributors to a child's life, whether it be clothes or candy, they love to give, as do grandfathers, although they are maybe more into guy things. My grandfather loved to hunt and as soon as I was able, he took me along with him. Not even out of grade school, I'd hop into the cab of his truck at night. We'd wander the woods as we followed the dogs to a treed 'possum, even in the dead of winter with snow to our ankles. And I loved every minute of it. We ate those 'possums too. Nothing went to waste.

• Like Like x 2
    17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kathi
      Balanced

Kathi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/30/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      HFHL and stress
      Your post brought back memories of my "Nana"--she practically raised me and took me everywhere with her. I adored her and it was very hard when she passed. I loved my "Pop" too--and he was my personal hero. I hope I can be half as good a grandparent as they were to me. I was the only grandchild for years, then my little brother and cousins came along. I had to learn to share but I was still the only girl! :)

18. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Yay! It's such a great feeling having new life entering this world! I wonder if reincarnation is true?