I Hear a Thumping Heartbeat When I Put My Ear Against the Pillow — Do I Have Pulsatile Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Joshua12345, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Joshua12345

Joshua12345 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Not sure
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      When I put either ear to the pillow, I hear a thumping heartbeat in the ear. When I push my LEFT ear lobe to my ear, I feel my pulse. Same with under the ear. Also if I push on my left eyebrow.

Is this pulsating tinnitus? I have a ringing in my left ear, which is what brought me to these forums, but that heartbeat sound has been for 1-2 months.

• Like Like x 1
    2. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      That used to happen to me before I got tinnitus and it still does. I think you can just hear your heartbeat.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Joshua12345

Joshua12345 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Not sure
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Do you think it's like a warning sign of tinnitus? Or does that not make sense. Since you got it before the ringing

4. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      No I think it's just blood wooshing through your head.

5. rainbowjade

rainbowjade Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown after tests
      Hi, I am new on here. I have had Tinnitus for 20 years. You sort of get used to it. I have a loud hissing non stop and sometimes the sounds of a motorbike revving. Some days a sound of buzzing bees also. All these I can deal with but on and off for about a year I have developed Pulsatile - now that drives me nuts. At night it is horrible. I can hear my heartbeat when my head goes on the pillow and the more I listen the more it makes me anxious so the beating gets faster. What a nightmare literally.

6. ElizabethM2

ElizabethM2 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I have that too, in my right ear. What helps when trying to sleep is putting two pillows very close to each other, and positioning my head so that my ear falls in the crack between the two pillows. When I get it just right, I don't hear the pulsing. That's the only thing that's worked for me.