I Literally Can't Function Anymore. What Medication Helps?

Discussion in 'Support' started by butterfly75, Apr 23, 2017.

1. butterfly75
      No Mood

butterfly75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      I can't do anything to stop tinnitus and it literally gets louder everyday, so I need something to make me feel calm again. I've been on Zoloft before T but when I took it recently it seemed to stop working after 2 months.

My mom took me to a psychiatrist who prescribed Prozac now but I anticipate I will have the same experience as with Zoloft. I've tried Lexapro before but I had too many side effects. Klonopin really helps me but my mom won't let me take that anymore because she thinks it's addictive.

I'm going through constant panic attacks and bouts of crying. I feel like I've gone insane. My mom is taking me to the psychiatrist again this week and I don't know what I should ask for. I'm willing to try anything at this point.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Rubenslash

Rubenslash Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad luck and bad decisions
      Benzos but that's only a short term solution and usually does more harm than good in the long run.

Is it an option to get therapy in order to reduce anxiety?

3. Pleasure_Paulie

Pleasure_Paulie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise or maybe... unicorns!
      Take the Prozac and let it start to work. It will take a few weeks as you know.

If you're worried about the klonopin. Speak with your doctor and get the doc to speak with your mum about it and explain the drug.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      butterfly75
      No Mood

butterfly75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      I am seeing a therapist. My therapist gave me breathing exercises/techniques which do help with my anxiety sometimes

5. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Lamictal seemed to help me...but it has to be titrated slowy. Very important.