I love you all, I really do

Discussion in 'Support' started by Neenie, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Neenie
      Depressed

Neenie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      Heya everyone,
      I want to start by saying thank you to everyone who has commented on my posts, especially the earlier ones. They meant so much to me that I have printed them all out and re-read them every day and it gives me strength to start the day positively. I no longer want to kill myself. The thought's are still there, but I am able, for the most part of the day, to push them away and ignore them. I check this forum every day, multiple times a day and I feel like you are all my family and I would do anything to help you live a more stressfree, and a less anxiety driven life. Without having your support, I don't know what would have happened to me. It was such a relief to read your stories and your posts almost literally were as if you had peered inside my mind and copied my thoughts. It was strange to read things where I thought "I think exactly the same" even when I'd never talked about it myself. My tinnitus is just as bad as it was at the beginning and I'm still getting anxious about it, but not as much as before, i think! I still wake up each morning and wish for it to be gone, and it isnt. And yes, I do feel sad about that, but now I realise that there's nothing much I can do about it, so just get on with my day as best I can. Tinnitus doesn't physically stop you from doing anything, only emotionally. I'm going to take a break from this chat for a few days, just to see how I go by myself. I'll be back though, as I love you all. Again, many thanks for all the help and advice, Love Nina

• Hug Hug x 8
      • Like Like x 5
      • Friendly Friendly x 4
    2. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      Thanks Nina, am so happy you think this forum helped you in the roughest of times.

See you,
      Markku

3. LeQuack
      Gloomy

LeQuack Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad luck and bad genes
      Glad to see you've got back some optimism, I'm yet to reach that stage. Don't be a stranger and come visit when you find a cure.

• Like Like x 1
    4. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      I think a break is a good idea. It may help turn your focus away from your tinnitus. But you can come back at any time and we will miss you.
      Blessings and good luck.

5. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      All the best to you Neenie. It is a good idea to take a break and immerse yourself to living your life abundantly for a change. We need to minimize tinnitus and maximize our life force to turn the tide on tinnitus tyranny. There is nothing better than knowing that there are still so many things to enjoy and to live for despite tinnitus. Such approach will help us live and enjoy our life in peaceful co-existence with tinnitus. Then at some point, the brain will lose the fear for tinnitus and habituation will be on its way over time. All the best to you and God speeds your recovery.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    6. James
      No Mood

James Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Pulsing 03/2013
      @LeQuack
      I like your post/s. To me you have a sense of humor and a great avatar.

@Neenie
      Don't stay away long, come back when you need too. I don't think this Tinnitus goes away, mine's not. I can't find anything that makes it better. If I don't go to work, it might help. I hope tomorrows a great day for all of us.

• Like Like x 1
    7. 2014winner
      Inspired

2014winner Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      otitis media with permanent hearing loss
      Have a good vacation from Tinnitus Talk, and see you when you return. :nailbiting:

8. Roger

Roger Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2013
      Good on you Neenie. Rog.

9. Cher69
      Fine

Cher69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      20/5/2013
      I did exactly the same I took 2 or 3 weeks out fromTT and stopped all googles for anything about T - and I think it helped I can now read and view the forum and all T stuff with a different focus good luck @Neenie your on the right road hun - onwards and upwards see you soon Cher xx

• Like Like x 1
    10. Dan Turner
      Transparent

Dan Turner Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cher 69 and others are right on target....just get away from everything that you can read now (most of it pretty much never changes tune) and sit back and think about everything that you have read; all the suggestions and support that you did get some weeks ago....but try not to get wrapped up in the "feeding frenzy" that sometimes occurs in the forums.

I'm delighted to read your posts with the positive spin now. Good luck to you Neenie....it's a big boat full of survivors.

Dan Turner
      Conyers, Ga

• Like Like x 1
    11. Jeff M.
      Breezy

Jeff M. Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct. 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic
      Neenie, so stoked on your attitude and fortitude!! You are strong girl!! Keep it up. T sucks for sure! Yet we can't let it win! I hate it, it has tweaked my life severely, but I, like you have chosen to move on, move past this challenge! We can live lives of joy and happiness! I am just starting to experience that now. Still a daily challenge, but much better than before. Stay strong, fight on, and find joy. It's waiting for you, and you are deserving and worthy!!