I Love You

Discussion in 'Support' started by Neenie, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Neenie
      Depressed

Neenie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      Thanks to everyone that posts on this forum. It's really comforting to know you're not alone. It's also good to get a second opinion. And it's a good way for me to release my anxiety and get back positive hopeful posts. I check this forum every day and I really don't know how I would cope without it. My family is bored of me and my tinnitus so just actively ignore me whenever I bring it up. Here on this forum, I feel validated and listened to. So thank you all very much, it means a great deal to me

• Hug Hug x 15
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Friendly Friendly x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    2. Roger

Roger Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2013
      Good on you Neenie. This forum's a really important place for us thanks to Markku and the others. I don't talk about it with people who don't have the t. They might go looking for it.
      All the best. R

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    3. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Yes...go Neenie!!!

And thankyou to Markku etc for this support group

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Hug Hug x 2
    4. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      During my initial struggle a few years back, I had received kind and caring advise from many unselfish, caring people all over the world. It is amazing there are so many caring people who are willing to come to the aid of total strangers from all over the world in desperate need for help and support. I guess as the song 'We are the World' by Michael Jackson suggests, we are the world, and we are the people who can make a better day for one and other across the globe. I am forever indebted to support forums like this and others. They reflect the best spirit there is in humanity.

• Like Like x 4
      • Hug Hug x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    5. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      I feel the same way...

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    6. Boxdra

Boxdra Member

Me 2! People just don't understand how it feels like to have T. Really glad I found this forum!

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    7. LeQuack
      Gloomy

LeQuack Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad luck and bad genes
      Love you too. :huganimation:

• Like Like x 1
    8. Mark H

Mark H Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2005
      Yep...same here. My friends seem to avoid me now as they have seen how much I have deteriorated. I have lost about 30 lbs (6-2 160 is NOT good) and I have had to take in a roommate to help with the rent. I look in the mirror and I don't even recognize my reflection. My friend's cats always come and sit next to me as does my neighbors dog and they both say that they NEVER do that with anyone else. I think the animals can sense that I am suffering. I live at the beach and find the ocean really helps me but I am starting to look like a homeless person and I am not that far from being one! I talk about tinnitus a lot because it is relentless and I am afraid and desperate sometimes.

• Hug Hug x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    9. Fa82
      Balanced

Fa82 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      All we have is hope and one another. For me, at least, to wish for a cure is to escape reality...we live and struggle now. Willpower alone won't see me through this or I wouldn't be here - It's good to have this place. Together we can share this hardship with real understanding and, as you said, Love. T cannot take our dignity even if it tries.

F

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    10. George Brady
      Crappy

George Brady Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      bad meds
      If you don't have T you have know idea how much it screw up every bit of your life and everybody around you

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    11. BobDigi
      Kick ass

BobDigi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Although i'm coping pretty well with very loud tinnitus. It's nice to conversate with people who can relate to me when it comes to tinnitus. Friends and family are next to useless. Not because they don't care. But my friends can't help because we're just not good at sympathy. And family members can't understand how loud it is. But my parents try. On this forum i'm guaranteed some replies and advise from people who get it.

• Hug Hug x 1
    12. Larry OT
      No Mood

Larry OT Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Volume, meds and motorcycles
      I would have lost my way completely without this forum. No one gets what's this is like except those who live with it. Even people with mild tinnitus can't fathom what screaming unmaskable T can be like.

It's especially hard to explain to my kids what this is. They don't really know why I could suffer so much. It's so hard to pretend I'm ok sometimes so they don't get more afraid. They see the weight loss and anguish and I tell them I will be ok...With their love I will be ok.

One things for sure, they are real careful with their earbuds and volume after seeing me fall apart from hearing loss and tinnitus.
      I always try and show my determination, like I always told them when facing hardship:
      it's not what happens to you in life, it's how you deal with it.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    13. Larry OT
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @SoulStation

My 1963 Strat for those musicians out there who love guitars. We love you too!

I miss playing in bands…maybe one day I'll be back, but never again near a drummers cymbal!

IMG_0371.jpg

• Hug Hug x 1
    14. SoulStation
      No Mood

SoulStation Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise / Possible Medication
      Sick! I'll upload a picture of my '87 strat- I don't know if I'll be back unless...well I don't know if I'll ever be back . my ears feel pretty much broken.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    15. Larry OT
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yeah, mine feel broken too. I just hope my heart will mend enough to play out again with some friends.