I Miss Being Normal

Discussion in 'Support' started by derpytia, Jul 5, 2015.

1. uae96
      Thinking

uae96 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/14/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      This girl is so smart and she's only 15!! Everyone who has T has to learn from her

2. awbw8
      Balanced

awbw8 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2013
      Everyone here has said so many wonderful things that I don't have much to add, but I will say that experiencing suffering, and learning to live with it is one of the most normal things there is in the human experience. It's not the most fun part, that is true, but we are all with you.

I do think that with time things will get better. I know you said you habituated before and still didn't feel quite right, but you've only had T a little over a year (though I know that can feel like a lifetime.) Just as you were starting to get better, you will again. I'm going on two years and things continue to get easier, it's hard to say but I think maybe my T is even just a hair less obnoxious. You're not abnormal, you're not doomed. You're strong for having come this far and I'd wager you're going to discover in time that you're so much stronger than you know right now.

All of that is said in support, but I also fully support the ability to rant and vent and say that T is the worst - you're free to do it here *hugs* we're here for you.