I Miss Drugs

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Gl0w0ut, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Gl0w0ut
      Inactive

Gl0w0ut Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      As in, being able to smoke pot, or drink, and relax. Now all these things just make the condition even ducking louder.

Is there a drug that thickens your blood so it's slushy and slower instead of thinning it?

2. Philippe79

Philippe79 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      June / 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      H.F.H.L.
      You don’t need drugs for this.. Just eat plenty of salt and lots of it. That will destroy your circulation and will clot up your blood in no time. Why anyone would want to achieve such devastating results is anyone’s guess.. ah, hang on a minute, I know..

• Like Like x 2
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Gl0w0ut
      Inactive

Gl0w0ut Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I see Barbara is still reading my posts despite seeing me as a waste of time. An fMRI measures activity based on blood flow, so slower blood flow to the auditory cortex could result in lessened tinnitus

4. Tinker Bell

Tinker Bell Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL from virus
      Reduced blood flow to the auditory cortex can cause hearing loss, which will not lessen tinnitus.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Gl0w0ut
      Inactive

Gl0w0ut Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Why would it? The auditory cortex is the end of line for hearing. My hair cells would still be in tact, it would just slow activity. In theory anyways.

6. Tinker Bell

Tinker Bell Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL from virus
      Oops, I mean reduced blood flow to the cochlea. That would cause hearing loss. There are studies that indicate this. When I lost my hearing, I underwent several tests to ensure my ear was receiving adequate blood flow.

If you’re overall decreasing blood flow, it’s going to impact the cochlea.

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. SCORPION

SCORPION Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Usmc shooting weapons
      Smoking pot with tinnitus and drinking does seem to make it ring more than normal. But just like anything you get use to it ! So if you enjoy pot smoke it ! If you like Jack on the rocks drink it . You going to ring anyways so don't sell your self short . I ride over 12ooo miles a year on my Harley here in Detroit and I'm not going to stop because my ears ring do what you enjoy and chill brother... Curly

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    8. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      You want drugs that slow down (or rather calm) the overactive neurons, we're talking ion channels not blood flow. Unfortunately, the effects are short lived and not without side effects.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Gl0w0ut
      Inactive

Gl0w0ut Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I mean, anything to find relief. I'll gladly risk a benzo addiction

10. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      there are drugs that reverse the effects of anticoagulants but will increase your risk of stroke.

not a viable solution.

11. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I understand the feeling. I've taken a low dose of Trobalt for a long time now. I didn't get any of the bad side effects that other people complain about, but it's been discontinued and it won't last forever.

12. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      You do realize that the ringing can get louder, right?

13. SCORPION

SCORPION Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Usmc shooting weapons
      Bill the ringing in my ears are so loud and overwhelming to the point I can't hear the tv ! And it's been like this from day 1 . So like I said in others posts I'm going push on and live my life adapt and overcome that's the only way . I don't like pills so I don't reach for them I believe others shouldn't either that's the easy way out plus it's bad for your health. Having a drink or smoking a joint occasionally ain't going to hurt nobody . I was 20 years old when I started having my issues due to being in the Marine Corps but I don't want to get into that but it's been hell since day one and the ringing is the same super loud super annoying but it's been 23 years so now I'm totally used to it ! Even with the dizziness and the vertigo I still push forward man ! Curly

• Like Like x 1