I Now Have Pulsatile Tinnitus — Can Benzo Withdrawal Cause Pulsatile Tinnitus? What Can I Do?

Discussion in 'Support' started by TheDanishGirl, Jan 6, 2019.

1. TheDanishGirl
      Sad

TheDanishGirl Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017 (H since 06/2017)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      long term noise exposure (headphones), maybe some stress.
      Yes. I experienced this very rarely some months ago, but now it has become more and more often, and it is now there everyday... not 24/7... yet?

Last night when I lay in bed and it went weeuh, weeuh, weeuh in tune to my pulse, I tried different things to make it stop, and clenching my jaw really hard made it into a constant tone instead. Obviously I couldn't do this for long and repeatedly causing clenching that hard made my teeth hurt and was starting to give me a headache.

I am at lost... things just keep getting worse for me :(

What can I do/try out? Do I need to get checked for something? I read pulsatile tinnitus is usually a symptom of something... NOT hearing loss or something in the inner ear like tinnitus and hyperacusis.

Can benzo withdrawal cause pulsatile tinnitus??

I am about 5 months out of benzos...

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. Juan

Juan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      The whooshhhh whoooshhh you hear is just the blood flow. It happens sometimes and normally it goes away in a while. It shouldn't be anything serious, calm down...

Actually when you go for a run or work out sometimes you can feel similar stuff in your ears...

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      TheDanishGirl
      Sad

TheDanishGirl Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017 (H since 06/2017)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      long term noise exposure (headphones), maybe some stress.
      Yeah, but if one exercises there is a natural cause for it. It should not happen while I lay in bed. Mine has only gotten more and more frequently recently.

And it is not a whooshhh sound. It is a ringing tone, that spikes for each heartbeat.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    4. MBH

MBH Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Overloaded stress
      I also have pulsating tinnitus mostly at night, when I first heard it, I went into denial saying this isn't so, but it was. So, I thought, where is this coming from I already had tinnitus for a while with static and crickets. It seemed to be happening only at night and it still does. So I started doing breathing exercises until it stops, I always think it's going to be all day, but it's not. Breathing works for me.