I Posted Good News About Hearing Regeneration on Reddit — It Got 3,300+ Upvotes!

Discussion in 'Awareness & Fundraising' started by AVIYT, Aug 14, 2019.

1. AVIYT
      Wishful

AVIYT Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pregabalin
      We need to post on subreddits from now on when GOOD NEWS comes out! I particularly chose r/futurology and it was my first post on there. Surprisingly, it was my best post... ever.

Over 140+ comments of others suffering with tinnitus or hearing loss who were excited about the future of restoring hearing cells. I did a quick search on r/futurology and r/science and realized that very few posts were done about hearing loss over the past 2 years. Also r/news and r/technology or r/biology would be good places to post NEXT time we get some huge news regarding gene therapy, stem cells, new hearing loss drugs or advancements in hearing aids. The more people that see this, the better.

I've always been a huge fan of Reddit's upside potential... But be warned, if you spam, you will get downvoted to oblivion. So for example I mentioned Tinnitus Talk in one of the comments. But if I made a post on Tinnitus Talk, it would've probably gotten a few upvotes and maybe a couple of people would see it... If that. Here, I believe some people learned about tinnitus for the first time while others learned more about theirs.

reddit-futurology-tinnitus.png

I will be posting more on Reddit from now on. It takes literally 1 minute. But don't spam on Reddit :)

It doesn't matter who's first, who gets what... As long as it gets a lot of upvotes and many people see the post... The more awareness we can get, the faster a potential breakthrough might come!

• Like Like x 4
      • Hug Hug x 1