I Saw a New Psychiatrist Today...

Discussion in 'Support' started by Beste, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      Hi all

Since my ex psychiatrist is the cause of my tinnitus (benzo induced) I had to change him for a new and young one who is also a friend of my boyfriend. I felt alright to talk with him. He was cool and humble.

He prescribed me with Destreyl and Lustral for my depression due to tinnitus even though I told him I do not believe any psychiatric drugs since they are the cause of my tinnitus. He said these drugs will not help with tinnitus but make me calm. But I have read that these both may cause tinnitus or make tinnitus worse. I did use Destreyl in the past but never had any issues though.

I'm currently on Remeron and I wanted to change it since it caused a HUGE weight gain...

What should I do? I do not want to make things worse because I'm already feeling like I'm at the end of my rope.

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Remember that any medication effecting the brain can cause tinnitus as your brain gets use to it or coming down off it and could spike for a few days.
      I'm sure the new medication will keep you calm and ears adjust as it gets in your system....lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1