I See No Other Way But Suicide Now

Discussion in 'Support' started by Andersson, Jan 19, 2016.

1. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Andersson
      Worried

Andersson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2012
      Day 5 on 10mg fluoxetine.
      I take it every morning with food and along with 10mg Sobril. Then another 10 mg Sobril in the afternoon.
      Doctor said to keep doing this for 2 weeks (as I said before planned to increase Fluoxetine to 20mg on Tuesday)
      Don't really feel the 10mg sobril helps all that much, but maybe it does. Still in high anxiety with them.

Today I got a increase in a usually soft sound I have (Like the sound when someone vacuums in another room)
      I also thought I heard my TV-ton in my left ear this morning, but when I woke up it was back to my right.

A bit scared about that, but everyone says that "it's normal" in the beginning of a Antidepressant.
      Same thing in Kevin Hogans Faq about tinnitus so Im trying to stay calm about it.

At night I take 25mg Propiomazine (propavan), since its harmless I thought its better then a third benzo, easier to fall asleep again If I wake at night as well because I am so groggy.

Still want to throw all tablets in the bin, since I notice any change in my Tinnitus and panic a bit when it changes.
      Also still feel somewhat sick, headaches, increased anxiety but it's slightly better then yesterday in physical symptoms. But the new tinnitus increase scares me today a lot.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi @Andersson ,
      You are doing really well and it won't belong before the side effects stop and you start to feel more like your old self .
      I take mine at night and won't ever come off them now and feel great.
      Im not sure what your tablet dose goes up to but I take two different AD's.

I take 50mg Amitrptaline for pain and 75mg of Effexor for low mood...
      I have a few health problems but doing well with lots of meds....lots of love glynis

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      After years of trying I was never able to overcome the anxiety about noticing small, negative changes in mood/tinnitus/whatever and then wanting to attribute them to whatever drug I was experimenting with at the time, so I just gave up.

Everyone's experience is different, though, and I was overmedicated from a pretty young age and have a lot of misgivings about that still - which probably contributes to my inability to just relax and take pills. I do much better at relaxing if I haven't taken any pills in weeks/months...

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    4. MichaelO
      Angelic

MichaelO Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      I take fluoxetine ( 20 mg). It doesn't seem to affect the ringing. I can't seem to find a consistent pattern with meds. Distraction is the best remedy so far. Right now it is mild while I am typing this. I don't notice it as much when I am concentrating on something or listening to a radio or TV program or playing guitar. I think distraction is my key for living with it. Hang in there.

• Like Like x 1
    5. Sepsn

Sepsn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2011
      Hey Andersson, just chiming in to tell you that I'm in a very very similar spot like you. I've taken ADs 5 years ago to cope with depression - which worked out fine, but my T started during this phase - I dealt with it the same way you did the first time around, I noticed it but i stopped bothering me. During the last few months depression crawled it's way back into my life and, well, suddenly I became very aware of my T again.
      So I started to take ADs again, but what happend was that, because of sideeffects, my T worsened. But it wasn't the fact that they influenced the loudness of it - what I'm trying to say is that my and your underlying condition worsens the T. And it will get better - I had to take Xanax because I was just lying in bed crying, not feeling able to do anything about it.
      I know how hard it is to not give in to despair, especially in the state you're in right now, but believe me: it gets better, slowly but steady.

• Winner Winner x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    6. HappynsadDJ

HappynsadDJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music concert
      I'm reading this whole forum today on August 2016 and I'm just wondering how you doing with your situation?
      My story:
      I had this fked up curse called tinnitus for 4 years. Yesterday was my third time that my ringing increased in volume and j was extremely sad. I know me djing loud music makes it worse but Im not going to sacrifice what I love doing most in life. I'm not going to let tinnitus stop me. But Im really really sad and scared that it might get even worse. This is the reason that I been reading these forums. I want to share with everyone one thing that works for me 100% no bullshit. I get high with cannibis and listen to my favorite music on low volume. During this time I'm completely free from fking tinnitus. The high makes me care less about the ringing and the music blocks out the tinnitus. I'm seriously recommending people to try it out. Many people would say they get too paranoid when getting high but that's because your a noob. That paranoid feeling goes away after a while when u get used to getting high and the feeling of your mind drifting away also goes away. After which I promise you will be free from tinnitus. My tinnitus is very moderate to severe. It's moderate because it's the volume of whistling wind and its severe because at least a few times a day I feel like I can't make it thru life but when I eat my cannibis brownies and listen to music it's like a wonderful escape.

7. HappynsadDJ

HappynsadDJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music concert
      I also notice doctors don't know shitabout tinnitus. They are prescribing us medications that was ment for mental disorders. Tinnitus is not a fking mental disorder. That's all I gotta say.

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. The Red Viper
      Curious

The Red Viper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 15, 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Current Theory: Neck injury (Tendonitis @ trap/SCM junction)
      Well it may be a brain disorder but not necessarily a "mental" disorder. The same way MS is a brain disorder, but not a mental disorder.

9. Fernando81
      Alone

Fernando81 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      anxiety - stress
      Andersson, how are you doing?