I Still Have Tinnitus and My Ears Feel "Full", Yet I Can Now Listen to Music Again!

Discussion in 'Support' started by Strife_84, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Strife_84
      Energetic

Strife_84 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Mixing music for long and too loud.
      I am so happy. I bought myself new pair of Bluetooth speakers and suddenly I noticed that I have been listening music for hours on normal volume levels for days now. 80s music, jazz music, game music, all kinds of music!

I am so happy I could scream! Well here it goes: YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!!

It's been 10 months since I damaged my ears. They are not perfect yet, and I still haven't been making any music. But at least now I can listen music again!

My ears still sometimes feel "full", I still have the high pitched sound but I don't notice it that much anymore. And I am still careful about my ears and I always will be. I have not tried headphones and I probably never will.

I avoid loud places and if I go to movies I will take my earplugs with me.

But there has definitely been improvement. I am just happy I can LISTEN music again... I missed music so much. When I remember back at the beginning, I was sitting inside, in silence because my ears could not handle sounds well. I could not play games, I could not listen music, I barely could watch TV or movies.

• Like Like x 4
      • Winner Winner x 3
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    2. all to gain
      No Mood

all to gain Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      Don't overdo the listening, but it must feel good.

I remember seeing Hanoi Rocks at the Tavastia Club.

3. Don Tinny

Don Tinny Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2017 (worsening)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert with ear plugs
      Please control your passions and don´t go to concerts

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Michael B
      No Mood

Michael B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      '11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      Smart.

5. Mister Muso
      No Mood

Mister Muso Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2011 / April 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Happy days! I can listen to a lot of the music I used to enjoy, but a lot of it is still off limits. Mostly things with high frequencies.

6. Auron
      Pacman

Auron Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Spring
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Shock
      Any special diet / supplements taken? Also congrats on being able to listen to music again!

7. Greg Clarke

Greg Clarke Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2006
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma, Live Music
    8. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      I couldn’t be happier for you. Music is a big part of your life and I understand the pain it causes when it’s taken away from you.

Enjoy those speakers.

9. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      OP is on my Ignore list.

He should ask him self why he still has a full ear sensation almost a year after damaging his ears. He should keep in mind that the damage is cumulative. And most importantly, he shouldn't "do the crime" if he can't "do the time" (lifelong louder tinnitus).

10. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      He's also really insensitive to people who have loud severe tinnitus. His tinnitus is probably in between mild and moderate. He's one of those who will tell you to call a help line and accuse you of not following advice after.

It's good when people have improvement and if you can listen to music, that is nice. But, when tinnitus is so loud, it's difficult to do anything. I watch TV at night for a distraction but it's not very effective and I probably wouldn't watch this much if I didn't have tinnitus so loud. I can't even find a compatible or balanced volume level for the tv.

• Hug Hug x 1