I Think I Have Tinnitus (Need Help)

Discussion in 'Support' started by StuartB, Sep 16, 2016.

1. StuartB

StuartB Member

Tinnitus Since:
      September 12th
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not 100% sure
      Hello

About 4 days ago I came home from a walk/jog and took my ear plugs off and talked to mother for roughly 2 minutes, at the end of that I got ringing sound out of my right ear and gave me enough shock that I put my hand up to my ear, since then it has not stopped and stressing me out making my depression get worse.

Earlier that day my mother asked me something and when I turned around to look at her it is as if almost deaf in my right ear for a second which I though was weird. I'm worried I have Tinnitus now and that it's from my ear plugs (volume is usually medium level or low and was low that night I came back from the walk) In the past when I was a teenager I use to have an MP3 player and would play it loud or medium level often, since I was 16 I haven't had many music devices like that but would listen to music off my pc and wear head phones, anyway I have been to 3 concerts in the past when I was 17,18 & now 26 (June this year) my ears felt a deaf for a day but was fine afterwards.

I got a new phone nearly a year ago I started using a lot for music (music helps me to relax/forget about my problems/depression) and I'm sure I've had loud more than a few times but I'd get a warning message on my phone about volume levels so I'd keep at a safe level.

The other thing is I swear I have heard this same sound in my head/ears before even when I was a kid and teenager and it never bothered me and maybe because it was so low I figured it wasn't a problem, I have also had some nasty ear infections in my life especially in my teenage years where I was on antibiotics, was partially deaf & could hear liquid sloshing around in my ears.

The noise seems to be mostly coming from the right ear and I noticed as well that if I hold my eye's closed the sound gets a bit worse. I have heard people can get Tinnitus from jaw problems too(?) I have had a jaw problem since around 2008 or 2009 (maybe even before) where there is like tension/cramp/tightness forcing my mouth to open - not sure if that info will help but thought I'd mention it.

I have listened to samples off YouTube (volume low) of what Tinnitus sounds like and none sound like what have and nowhere near as severe as those sounds. the sound coming out of me reminds me of a TV or Monitor that's on (not white noise) but just the sound of the machine itself and worse when there is no external noise around me. again though I sure I've heard this sound before in the past when I wake up but just nowhere near as loud as it has become now.

My mother was diagnosed with meniere's disease a few years ago but already had ringing in her ears for about 16 years already, I know my dad had an ear problem (I think my mother said he had Tinnitus) I remember he had this little orange rubber thing he would put in his ear back in like 1999/2000 and that it was so bad he wanted to kill himself, He had surgery on that one ear (maybe 2002 or 2003) and made his ear hole (what ever it is) look bigger, I don't remember if he ever had a problem after that - he's still a musician but I have not talked to him since I was 15 (for good reasons)

I apologies for this being such a huge amount of writing and I can't help but be reduced to tears as I have gone through so much trauma in my life....I just started to really get things in order for me for the rest of my life and literally the day I was the most happiest for a long (4 days ago) I'm diabetic as well and have been working hard on controlling it and really well without medication (my numbers have been between 4.2-5.6), got back into Martial Arts, then this had to happen!

It's like I can never truly be happy and must always suffer in life! no matter how hard I try someone or somethings steps in destroys me sometimes I think someone has put curse on me! I've gone through severe depression/anxiety/OCD and have been suicidal on and off over the last few years...the depression destroyed the relationship I had with my girlfriend I loved dearly back in 2014 an early 2015 which made it (depression) even worse than it is.

And so anxiety got to me the last few months for being unemployed for 9 years again but I put it aside and fought hard to get the diabetes under control (which only took 2 days) and like I said before This Tinnitus shit just to bloody show up.

I'm not sure what else to say but I need help.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      StuartB

StuartB Member

Tinnitus Since:
      September 12th
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not 100% sure
      I forgot to mention as well that sometime in the left ear I get an increased siren/ring that last 1-2 seconds.

I also was in a bike accident when I was 12 - my head smacked the tarmac very hard and I still have a lump on the side of my head.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      StuartB

StuartB Member

Tinnitus Since:
      September 12th
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not 100% sure
      Thought I 'd mention thatbike accident just like some of the other things I mentioned that might help as to what the cause is.