I Was Doing So Well Until Tonight

Discussion in 'Support' started by geg1992, May 1, 2015.

1. geg1992
      English

geg1992 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure + Antibiotics
      I even slept with no masking last night.

Then, I went to my dads birthday party. People randomly started setting off party poppers, not sure if they have the same name in the US. I kept trying to plug my ears but kept missing the point which they went off.

Now my ears are ringing so bad, I can't cope:( I'm scsred they're permanent worse. Does anyone know how many db they are? I really can't imagine this is temporary. What's the point.

• Hug Hug x 3
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    2. SoulStation
      No Mood

SoulStation Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise / Possible Medication
      You will be ok. I promise. again just because something irritaes tinnitus does not mean that it causes auditory damage. I know how you feel. Still suffer from bouts of fear ... But they do get better and shorter.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      geg1992
      English

geg1992 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks for the reassurance. I am definitely much better than I was at the beginning but worry about making it worse. I'll sleep on it and hope its lower, but really not liking this at all! :(

4. SoulStation
      No Mood

SoulStation Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise / Possible Medication
      Dude I feel you I am a musician and played an acoustic gig (guitar bass and percussion) the other night (with plugs) but had a rehearsal that same day for almost 4 hrs. I was a bit freaked out too but I'm sitting in a quiet room right now and not reacting much to it. Mine reacts to sound too but you gotta live your life to some extent!

5. quietatnight
      Frustrated

quietatnight Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma / firecracker
      @geg1992

Those are mostly paper, and the paper muffles most of the pop sound. It's just not that loud its barely anything. A kids toy cap gun is a much louder. Your going to be fine after a good night sleep tonight. So hang in there, its not like you were exposed to a fire cracker or gun shot.

Take care

Louie
      Quietatnight

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      geg1992
      English

geg1992 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks! Do you know how many db they are though? My T still hasn't got lower. :(

7. quietatnight
      Frustrated

quietatnight Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma / firecracker
      @geg1992

I'm not sure, but it's really not that important to know, you do understand that distance and deflection really cuts down the SPL. So if it was like 60DB just to give it a number at the source. And you where sat 6 feet away, it would be like 30. I believe that every 3 feet it cuts it in half if I remember. I would guess that you were not that close to noise. I think that your anxioty is more of a problem here then the actual sound was. Try and not focus on it, this is not your first, and will proberly not be your last accustic trauma ( if that's what this even was ).

Try and keep busy the worst thing that you can do is to keep thinking about it. I know its easer said then done, I have plenty of regrets. But we just keep moving forward. I still feel that even if there was a tiny spike that it will go back down to your base line in a few days.

Hang in there

Louie
      Quietatnight

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      geg1992
      English

geg1992 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Oh wow, really? Thanks Louie, unfortunately I was literally right next to them. I'll try to stay calm as you say - thanks! :)

9. Thongjy
      Balanced

Thongjy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unsure
      Has your T gotten lower?

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      geg1992
      English

geg1992 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It's hard to tell. It's one thing i don't understand about T, how do people know what their baseline is? I juust forget how it was before and try to adapt. Thanks for the thought!