I Was Sick About a Year Ago, Got Tinnitus. I Still Have It.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Tony1, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Tony1

Tony1 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      a year ago
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sick
      So about a year ago I had some nasty cold that basically made my right ear feel like it was clogged up. My ears couldn't pop, cleaning them wouldn't help, nothing.

Eventually my ear popped on their own and the clogged feeling went away.

Then I was left with ringing in the same right ear that basically goes on 24/7 and doesn't stop.

I've seen a doctor about it but he doesn't know why it's like that. He cleaned my ears and said they were impacted by ear wax but it didn't get rid of the ringing.

This wasn't caused by loud noises, foreign objects in the ear, etc. I was just sick and now it won't go away like a year later. Has anyone had the same issue and do you know of what can be done or will it be like this forever?

2. Cityjohn
      Inspired

Cityjohn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5:10 PM 03/02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Scombroid food poisoning.
      A viral or bacterial infection that crawls up to your ears via the auditory tube may cause permanent damage to the cochlea. Many people have tinnitus because of this and some even go deaf due to it. The problem is an overstimulated immune system response that leaves the cochlea damaged. An acquaintance of mine lost hearing in both ears and got tinnitus from a combating an infection for about five months. I got tinnitus from food poisoning that left my head about to explode from the resulting infection and blood pressure.

After the damage has incurred the only way to treat it is by trying to fix the auditory system. The only ways we know of that could possibly help are stem cell treatments and some specific forms of light therapy depending on your exact condition.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tony1

Tony1 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      a year ago
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sick
      Well I'm not sick anymore and my doctor said I have perfect pitch in my ears.

• Like Like x 1
    4. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      Lots of people with tinnitus are not sick and have perfect pitch (lets call it an audiogram) in their ears.
      You happen to be one of them. I am one of them as well! Good times, eh?

5. Honey_Bee
      Barefooter

Honey_Bee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection?
      Ditto! I got mine during the flu and crazy sinus infection. I was on antibiotics and steroids. Fun times! Hearing is perfect also. It gets better though! Cant say it will go away but it gets better. Give it some time and just protect your ears :)

• Hug Hug x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tony1

Tony1 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      a year ago
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sick
      How much time because it's been about a year.

• Funny Funny x 1
    7. Champ
      Woot

Champ Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma from headphones
      I'm on year 4 and I ask myself the same question lol

8. MikeP505
      Curious

MikeP505 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Punishment for being so darn good looking!
      Hang in there Tony. You may very well be one of the lucky ones like most of us that end up with this forever. You may find treatments to lower it some, or mask it some, you may try changes to your diet to lower salts, sugars and caffeine etc, but the best advice really is to try not to focus on the ringing too much. Trust me I know how hard the last part is.

You basically need to try a few approaches, one at a time over a period of a few months each and see if anything helps at all. There is a young lady on here that pretty much purchased the entire vitamin/mineral selection from her local pharmacy and eats everything constantly. This is a bad way to find things that work. If her tinnitus lowers at all, she will need to continue taking 300 different pills a day of various supplements because she will never know which one helped. I know she is having a hard time but.............. wow!

So accepting this is most important first. You can try various methods as time goes on. Something may help.

Best wishes buddy.