I Would Just Like Some Opinions... Can This Go Away?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Lizzie Grant, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Lizzie Grant

Lizzie Grant Member

I'm wondering what y'all would think in terms of my chances of getting rid of tinnitus and healing from acoustic shock considering the following:

I haven't had a spike yet, *knock on wood* it's been pretty stable

My tinnitus is mask-able for the most part

The incident was about two weeks ago and the ear and facial pain I was experiencing due to TTTS is already starting to feel better than last week

I don't hear it as long as I don't concentrate/I'm distracted

There are periods where I can't hear it at all for a few minutes (like when I wake up)

I've had T since last Thursday

Also note I have/had acoustic shock and still have some lingering TTTS

I'm just curious as to whether or not it may go away? I feel like since its been almost 24/7 for almost a week I'm doomed anyways :p

Also curious if TTTS and acoustic shock ever heal? While looking online I didn't see much about treatment for it or people who have recovered. It is very bothersome always having my ears tense up and flutter at noise.

I do believe I can live with this and I don't mean to sound gloomy but I'm curious if you think I have a chance of kicking this completely?

2. Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Natalie Roberts Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pregnancy or mild hearing loss.. Who knows.
      You have only had tinnitus a short amount of time and are already noticing improvement. I would think you have a very good chance of it going away.

3. Cheza
      Wishful

Cheza Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barking dogs/stress
      I agree with Natalie. You have a very good chance of the tinnitus fading away. Just make sure to protect your ears from now on. No loud music, loud clubs, loud concerts, unless you wear really good ear protection. Avoid wearing headphones and earbuds. The volume might be acceptable but it's right next to your ear.

Good luck. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    4. Sailboardman
      Frustrated

Sailboardman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sensorineural hearing loss right ear.
      You probably have a very good chance, that your T will diminish and life will be back to normal soon. Just keep your mind focused on other activities and stay away from complete silence for a few weeks. Like Cheza wrote, leave loud music and activities alone and be careful with your ears from now on. Hoping you do better!