IBS (Tinnitus Sub-Group) — Medications — Experiences?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Amv, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Amv

Amv Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      Hello all,

I would like to ask for all irritable bowel syndrome & tinnitus sufferers which medications have:

1 - Worked well for your IBS
      2 - Not affected your tinnitus

Herbs and other supplements are welcome also in the thread (iberogast, glutamine, antispasmodics, antidepressants on low doses... etc.)

Thanks a lot and best regards.

• Like Like x 1
    2. Timothy 87

Timothy 87 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi AMV, I have both conditions.

I think my IBS might have been a stress response combined with poor nutrition and overdoses of coffee, and as I didn't know what was causing my pretty severe bowel symptoms for a long time (NHS, takes forever) that might have added to my stress levels and ultimately also helped trigger tinnitus. Both can be stress related, so definitely try to reduce that.

I rigorously cleaned up my diet and have also found I don't deal with gluten well. Now my IBS is very much under control and I am even at the point where I am thinking that my IBS diagnosis is simply my doctor not knowing what else to call it. I don't know if I really have a bowel condition with a name, or that after 30 years of industrialised food (processed, packaged, additives, colorants, artificial sweeteners, etc.) my bowels decided to make a stand. Poor or lacking nutrition can detrimentally affect your vitamin levels and intestinal flora.

I don't know if you can find an orthomolecular dietist near you, but I suggest you find one and see what they can tell you about your diet. It will be an eye opener. They test your blood values and can do a stool test and so determine if you have vitamin deficiencies or off-balance intestinal flora and so give you an idea of what to change in your diet habits. In my case they also supplied a food plan, not to diet and lose weight, but to get those nutrients back in that I was lacking and need most for a healthy bowel.

Cheers

• Like Like x 2