If Flonase Makes My Tinnitus Go Away, Does That Mean It's from My Allergies?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Tinnitusboi, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Tinnitusboi
      Inspired

Tinnitusboi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I've had tinnitus for about a week and a half and after squirting some Flonase my tinnitus is almost completely gone.

Is it safe to assume it's from allergies then?

2. JodieStephens

JodieStephens Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I don't know but your lucky as hell

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. jadebug
      Depressed

jadebug Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Initial-Aug 2011 Increase- May 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown; possibly antidepressants
      I would say if you're doing something and it is decreasing your tinnitus then there's a very good chance those two things are related. Allergies can surely be a culprit of T. Keep up with the Flonase if it's working for you and maybe see an ENT or allergist. Summer can be a bad time for people with allergies.

Even if it's not your allergies causing the T is a really good sign it's going away at all. Try and reduce your anxiety and stress as much as possible and try to not think about T. It has a funny way of creeping back when we're stressed or at least seeming worse than it is. Keep positive that you've had a reduction of symptoms at all. That's very very promising. Wish you the best and hope your T stays away forever!

• Creative Creative x 1
    4. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      theres a good chance that your t will spontaneously resolve..or the flonase may be helping as many here report benefitting from taking antihistamines

5. Lilah
      Mellow

Lilah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      At Tinnitusboi, why did you take Flonase? Did you have negative ear pressure? And how long did you use flonase before you realized you were improving? Did you notice a spike in your T?