If I Ever Make It Out of This Hell...

Discussion in 'Support' started by KingRoanoke, May 10, 2014.

1. KingRoanoke

KingRoanoke Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Look at what the dog is wearing.
      ...I will devote my life to helping people... Just so this suffering isn't in vain.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Why wait?! You can start by helping me now. I never had my own place to live and I have to live in a rooming house with people who are noisy while suffering from T and H, so I would like a small house or condo. Can you help me?

Thank you.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      KingRoanoke

KingRoanoke Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sure. You can come live with me if you'd like. Whereabouts are you?

4. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Toronto. Where do you live?

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      KingRoanoke

KingRoanoke Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'm in Virginia. If you have an extended visa (is that how it works for Canadians coming to the US?) and don't steal stuff - my casa es su casa. PM me if you want to talk about it.

6. ashley
      Busy

ashley Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/28/2014
      You will make it through. Some days are going to be harder than others, but that's for anyone-- with or without tinnitus. Just remember, chin up, you have support, and each day that goes by is another day closer to finding something that works! :)

What have you tried to do thus far to alleviate some of your tinnitus?

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      KingRoanoke

KingRoanoke Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks Ashley. I did trt and took a mbsr class. However, I didn't do trt correctly because I didn't wear the generators much long. Some days are better than others, you're right. I am actively trying to habituate to it - maybe that's my problem.

8. ashley
      Busy

ashley Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/28/2014
      Yes! I am literally doing the same exact thing as well-- trying to actively habituate. I think you and I both just really need to do our best to not even think about it. I know when I try new things to see if they are soothing to me, I'm paying attention to how loud my tinnitus is being perceived as; yet, that's almost counter intuitive because I'm still giving it attention. I think we should just do our best to try to passively try to habituate to it, and then at the end of the day reflect upon what worked best for us. :)

• Like Like x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      KingRoanoke

KingRoanoke Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      You're right. I went to a wedding and didn't think or hear my tinnitus. Today I was at a function that was just as loud as the wedding and it's all I could hear. I heard it over everything. The loudness of my tinnitus didn't change - I was just hooked on the sound. So, you're right about the peril of giving it attention. Thanks for the kind words.

• Like Like x 2