I'm a Mess :(

Discussion in 'Support' started by Street Spirit, Mar 5, 2014.

1. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Street Spirit
      Lurking

Street Spirit Member Benefactor

Yes, it's great having support boards like this. I would be LOST without them. Thanks for your support! :)

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Street Spirit
      Lurking

Thank you so much for this info! I have been looking into mindfulness, not just for H and T, but other reasons too. I like that this one is designed specifically for tinnitus though. I am going to def check it out! and I will check out your blog too :) From what I have read, mindfulness can be very helpful for many, many conditions.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Street Spirit
      Lurking

Thanks so much Jeff! You echoed what my Audiologist said yesterday! No doubt my lack of sleep and other major stress was all just too overwhelming. One day at time, right?! :) Walking makes me feel tons better, and the sun! I am so happy spring is around the corner! Thanks for your prayers, I wish you well (and the same) :)

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. Chantal
      Digging it

Chantal Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Lynn,
      Walking does tons of goods for me as well. I live near the ocean, and have daily long walks (except cold rainy days like today, yuk!). It is amazing how walking in a peaceful environment helps.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Street Spirit
      Lurking

Thanks Billie. I really identified with you in what you said. I have battled anxiety disorder and later depression and so this feels like a true nightmare come to life, really. I have so many pills sitting at bedside (only take one! except sleep aid once in awhile) because initially I just wanted ANYTHING to make me sleep so I could escape the nightmare. I was holed up in my room for a month basically, on panic mode and researching everything I could find online, about Hyperacusis. Specifically though, how people got better! I guess our setback days make us feel like the world is imploding, or God is ignoring, but last night the T settled alot and I slept (med free) and today felt loads better. I also saw a very kind Audiologist yesterday afternoon, who has LOUD T and because of it, became an Audiologist and is doing very, very well in life :) Anyways she helped calm me a great deal and now I have a little more knowledge of my condition (ldls/hearing) and what I need to keep doing to get better. This forum and people elsewhere have helped me so much, and reading stories like yours gives me a little more hope to add to the "hope pile" of "success stories" (there are alot!) and that's all I need to keep going. So I thank you again, for sharing your story :)

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    6. Jeff M.
      Breezy

Jeff M. Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct. 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic
      YES...... Spring and Summer!! If you are like me, sunshine makes my whole world better!:D It totally effects my attitude, and my ability to deal with this stupid screaming in my head!! :confused:
      Keep on walking in the sun and praying!!! Glad to "hear" some positivity in your "voice"!!(y)

• Like Like x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Street Spirit
      Lurking

oh, if I could take daily walks by the ocean, I'd be a pretty happy lady indeed! H or T, psssh..lol..I LOVE the ocean, but sadly it's 7 hours away from me! Eventually I will live close by though :)

• Like Like x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Street Spirit
      Lurking

I thrive on sunshine!! I think if I grew up in the sun, and near the "waves" I'd be a much healthier (mentally) ;) person LOL. Sadly, I live in Canada..haha..I LOVE the water, and the beaches. Sunny days make me happy!

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    9. Chantal
      Digging it

Chantal Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      My husband and I made a planned decision to move here in 2008. One of the best decisions of our life. We love it here.

• Like Like x 2
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Street Spirit
      Lurking

Thanks here2help! You are right, I am going to be ;) (thanks for speaking that into existence)haha ;) Yea, I think the phone did me in. The stress didn't help though..and the phone call was unavoidable, but I already feel much better :) however, I am staying away from the phone at lengths for now. Thank you for your wonderful support! :)

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Street Spirit
      Lurking

Oh I just saw your location! Lovely :) We've spent some time in SC and loved it! We plan to move West though, in about 5 years..just waiting for my little ladies to get older/graduate highschool. :) Sadly though, if I want to be by ocean, I choose rainy weather. If I want alot of sunshine, I have to move into the valley and away from the ocean...tough decision! Americans are so lucky for land diversity!!!

12. Chantal
      Digging it

Chantal Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Lynn,
      I am actually a Canadian, originally from Québec. Met my husband on the Internet and moved to this country in 2000. Leaving my country to be with him was yet another good decision. :)

• Like Like x 1
    13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Street Spirit
      Lurking

LOL, smart lady! now if I were single....haha ;)..my family is from Montreal :)

• Like Like x 1
    14. Chantal
      Digging it

Chantal Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Don't get me wrong .. I love Canada, but there's nothing like life at the beach!

• Agree Agree x 1
    15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Street Spirit
      Lurking

I hear you. I just wish we owned an island on the Pacific lol...

• Like Like x 1
    16. Chantal
      Digging it

Chantal Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      I do too! It it were the case, my American husband and myself would move there :)

• Like Like x 1
    17. Mark McDill
      Curious

Mark McDill Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely stress, anxiety, an antibiotic and nsaids

Lynn
      I'm praying for you! The first months are the hardest; no doubt you are getting hit very hard (I'm so sorry). My T was extremely loud in the first months (my stupid brain would not stop focusing on it).
      Sleep was/is the big thing; I remember being scared out of my mind thinking about going to bed at night (and I usually sleep like a rock). Once I learned how to get SOME sleep at night, I knew I was on my way (that's a biggie).

I hope you are not having a crisis of faith (like I did). That is most unfortunate and very uncalled for; and it really sends your T/H through the roof (adds way too much stress/anxiety). My pastor helped me get through my faith crisis; you don't need to go through one at all (hope you are not). God is good, even in the midst of suffering. I say that now, but I recall when I was really suffering (those words sounded so hollow -- even menacing). But they are true. God has something for you in this; learn to rest in Him first and foremost.

Prayers for you!

Mark

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    18. SueR
      Disappointed

SueR Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      Was trying to find a "helpful" rating for you, Mark. :)

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    19. citigirl13
      Happy

citigirl13 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/1/14
      Thank you for your kind words. It has been a very hard year but hopefully things will pick up. Losing a member of your family is so devastating - it makes you feel empty and hollow, like things will never turn around. BUT we do eventually get past it, and though we never forget them, we can be happy again. In a way I think the same can be said for T. It can take a long time and we can have a ton of setbacks, but I believe that plenty of people habituate from T.

I think H is a difficult problem, much worse than T. I may have had slight H for a while, but it really only happened with I was putting away cutlery and pots and pans - it gave me a good excuse not to empty the dishwasher lol! But mine has more or less gone. I do feel for people with H - it is very difficult. I'm afraid I don't have much information/advice on H, but I do know that many people recover from H, though I believe this can take some time. But I hope that your T/H will go down again.

I am so sorry for your loss. It is an incredibly difficult thing to handle. What got me through it was the knowledge that they would want me to be happy and live my life. I hope that you are doing well and am sorry you have received further bad news. I hope things work out.

• Like Like x 3