I'm Drowning, Yet Another Change and Spike

Discussion in 'Support' started by noisebox, Aug 24, 2015.

1. noisebox
      Loved

noisebox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      West End show. Came back 2015 vitamin D overdose prescribed
      I cant cope anymore. I've had T over 3 years and habituated well, it did not spike, but told me when it was bedtime.
      This year I've had surgery (scare 1) all ok, a vitamin D reaction (huge anxiety) T started to spike and involve both ears. Hyperacusis returned.
      I've tried so hard, magnesium, walks, reintroduce sound sensibly, but sleep is still very poor, due in part to hormones as I'm a lady of 53. Now I've foolishly used 6 doses of a topical hormone thinking it would be ok and bingo, tinnitus spike, pitch change, hyperacusis back.
      I cant bear this, I cant sleep with the new pitch, I've tried affirmations all day to change my brain, I'm scared the hormone has done permanent damage.
      I cant live like this I really cant.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Nucleo

Nucleo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2011
      If the spike is indeed due to the (over?)dose of hormones (which kind?) then it will likely not be permanent.

3. So sorry...You only have 2 choices however. .and of course hope..Maybe it will decrease as it did before? No sleep, anxiety all worsen H and T..try melatonin..

Sorry. I am blunt. No other way to be.

4. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Here's a list of treatmennts which can help lower tinnitus, I hope that helps.
      http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3136369/

5. sanjay doodani
      Amused

sanjay doodani Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Frequent viral infection ENT, loud music, BP sugar
      Pls try Nac l carnosine magnesium zinc and rivotril at night it will sure help

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      noisebox
      Loved

noisebox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The hormone was oestrogen. I foolishly didnt reaserach as the docs said so little is absorbed. But its a big coincidence that this happened when I used the first dose.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      noisebox
      Loved

noisebox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I am in the UK and we cant have melatonin. I am due to see a neuro to ask his kind permission for melatonin as GP's wont prescribe to adults here.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      noisebox
      Loved

noisebox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I am already on sertraline, was before it all started 3 years ago. Probs not working now but I dare not change it, I'm addicted.

• Hug Hug x 1
    9. Script for melatonin?! Maaaan..well know it is supposed to be used for short term purposes, it controls the circadian rhythm (tells your body it's time for bed) and not a sleeping pill..I am sure he will prescribe...I mean really..be ridiculous not to.

10. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      We buy Melatonin at the supermarket aisle no.6 here lol.

11. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      I agree with Dan. Here in Canada which is heavy with government regulation, we still can buy Melatonin without any restriction. What is so bad about Melatonin that UK wants to restrict its use?

Regarding the spike you are having right now, hopefully it may subside as it is induced by a substance. Let the body cleanse the objectionable substance and wait for it to heal. There is no need to scare yourself with these life threatening thoughts. Doing so will increase your stress & anxiety level and that is bad for T. If you can manage to habituate before, be positive that you can do it again.

12. Gosia
      Balanced

Gosia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      earplugs/ hearing loss
      @noisebox, I'm sure you can order melatonine online from the USA fex. EVEN in France , where almost everything is forbidden you can buy it. When it comes to hormonal theraphy..you were most probably using natural oestrogenes from placenta in gel. If you're menopaused, you were only getting a little back of what your body used to produce naturally..I can't believe it could be the reason, but just stop it and wait. 6 doses couldn't , most probably, cause any permanent change.