I'm in the Hospital and Need Some Positivity

Discussion in 'Support' started by Amelia, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Teri
      Caffeine

Teri Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2014
      Glad you are back home!:joyful:

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. alifalijohn

alifalijohn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/14
      Have a great holiday..enjoy!!!

3. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      I agree with your hubby... The sea air will do you good. Glad you checked in and best wishes.

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. Martin69
      Artistic

Martin69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      (Health) Anxiety
      Have a good vacation and listen to the ocean waces instead of T.

• Like Like x 1
    5. oh I hope you are better..I just posted same thing. .except I . need surgery :/..so no "mycin" o.k..hope they agree.

feel better

6. Sybs
      Inspired

Sybs Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Hi @Amelia, so sorry to hear you are so unwell at the moment and I wish you a speedy recovery. I have not been on here in a long while, but I decided to login to tell my T family that after going through a very very tough time last Christmas and New Year and having a nervous breakdown, I've bounced back with renewed vigour. My T returned with a vengeance October 2013 and really got me down big-time. In the end, I could not sleep at all (I mean about 5 days in a row at a time with NO sleep) and felt unable to function. I had to be signed off work and was so worried about losing my job. I was prescribed Prozac for depression, and after about 5 weeks started to feel better as my sleep returned. I then returned to work and have never looked back. My T has stayed, some days worse than others, and today it's very loud, but I think I must have habituated to it because it is very loud now but does not in the least get me down. Instead of worrying about my diet and looking for ways to reduce the T (I gave up caffeine for a while), I eat and drink the same and just get on with life. I want you to know that I don't think medications particularly exacerbate T, I just think it's stress and worry that does. Please just try to get better with whatever meds they prescribe, as I firmly believe that a positive attitude wins through in the end. xxx

• Like Like x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Amelia
      Daring

Amelia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Unhappy update guys :( I'm back at the drs needing more antibiotics ... And they won't let me go back on the same ones I was on (which didn't mess with my ears)
      He wants me on keflex to try and knock it.
      So worried :(

• Hug Hug x 1
    8. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Sorry about your latest setback, Amelia. I hope you will get the right treatment and be well soon. A big hug and will pray for you. Take good care of yourself and don't worry.

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      I agree with Billie. The most important thing right now is for you to get over the infection, and not worry about anything else right now. I'm sure all will be well, and your tinnitus family is behind you all the way!!

Lots of hugs,
      Karen

• Agree Agree x 2
    10. jazz
      No Mood

jazz Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      eardrum rupture from virus; barotrauma from ETD
      Yes, you do need to focus on the infection, and I'm so sorry you're having a hard time getting better. Maybe the Keflex will do the trick.

I can't find information on this drug being ototoxic--so that's a good sign. Of course, it may temporarily increase your tinnitus while your on it--but it should be just that: temporary.

Right now, your focus has to be on getting well!:huganimation:

take care

jazz

• Hug Hug x 1
    11. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Hi Amelia, I started Keflex (500mm 4x a day) on September 10th, I know it's a little late, but Keflex has not bothered my T at all. Monday I will be finished up with them. Plus it is helping me for it's intended purpose......

• Like Like x 1
    12. Sybs
      Inspired

Sybs Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Well @Amelia hopefully Gary's post above will really encourage you. x