I'm New and Looking for Answers

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Ruthk, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Ruthk

Ruthk Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hi! I started to have tinnitus about a month ago. It started out lower, but it has gotten a little louder in the last week. I have it in both ears, but it seems to be a bit louder in the left ear. I have gone to my doctor, and he has ruled out ear wax/foreign object. Now I am waiting to get checked out by an ENT, but that's not for over a month from now. It seems to get lower when I sleep, and louder when I am physically active, but it never goes away. I have no idea what's causing it, but here are some things that started around the same time the T started: I developed a slight cramping, pinching pain in my lower abdomen.

I went back to exercise classes, but have not overdone it. My husband, who has always suffered from SAD, has plummeted into major depression in the last month. I have been working to get him set up with the help he needs, but whereas it hasn't been pleasant, I don't feel overly stressed.

I do sometimes have chronic neck problems, but don't really feel any lately.

I have no headaches or dizziness. Apart from the abdominal cramping, which has me concerned, I feel healthy.

Anyone have any ideas? Have any women ever had tinnitus as a symptom of problems with the uterus or bladder? And are there any supplements or other suggestions anyone can make that will help? The medical diagnosis process moves at a snail's pace. I would appreciate any and all advice, observations and input. Thanks! Ruthk

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. dayma
      Pacman

dayma Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/6/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      UNKNOWN
      Make sure you see an audiologist along with an ENT. The audiologist can confirm that the structure of the ear is functioning properly and also measure for hearing loss if any.

I never heard of any Tinnitus connected with your abdomen unless stress overall is causing stomach problems also????

If you have chronic neck issues it it may make sense to see a chiropractor to do X-RAYS and see if there is anything there. Pinched nerves can cause Tinnitus not to mention neck and head injuries.

I am rambling at this point but welcome to the forum!

• Like Like x 2
    3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. Hope your husband's condition will improve.

Tinnitus is a strange beast which can be hard to trace back its source. There are many causes, single or combined, which can trigger or aggravate tinnitus including but not limited to drug side-effects from ototoxic drugs, ear wax build-up, ear-wax removal suction, inner ear infection, Eustachian tube disorder or ETD, ear drum injury, fluid build-up in ears feeling pressured or fullness, sinus infection & congestion especially with a bad cold, TMJ, TTTS, autoimmune disorders such as Lyme Disease & Fibromyalgia, high blood pressure or blood circulation problem, anemia, loud noise exposure or acoustic trauma/shock, head injury or TBI, neck injury or muscle problems, hearing loss from aging or other causes, Meniere's Decease, barotrauma from rapid pressure changes in flights or diving, especially with congested nose or sinus causing failure to balance the pressure changes, slapping of the ears, deep grief, untreated sleep apnea, extreme/extended stress, anxiety & panic disorder, depression, sleep deprivation, etc.

T can also be caused or made worse by unhealthy diet such as too much salt, sugar, caffeine, MSG, alcohol etc. or by lacking some mineral or vitamin supplements, such as Magnesium, Zinc, B12, D3 etc.

Have you found your T bothersome. If so, before you can find the cause of it, you can try masking it. Take good care. God bless you and your husband with speedy recovery.

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    4. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      @Ruthk Hi Ruth: Your abdominal cramping is a limbic system response to being nervous which is understandable to husband and self. Your cramping may be signs of feeling worried, so this type of 'holding emotion inside of you' can relate to bowels, intestines and the abdominal cavity, instead of a headache caused by stress. The exact area causing abdominal cramping should be discussed with a doctor.

In relation to your tinnitus: Your tinnitus is new. Not at present having neck discomfort. In your situation then your age would probably make a difference if your neck is cause of tinnitus. Joint and disc problems with emphasis on arthritis pain isn't always present. Maybe your doctor would advise a neck X Ray, some blood work and maybe some ultrasounds of your abdominal cavity.

As Billie said above it could be many things. Stay in touch with us and give your husband a hug for me.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1