I'm New Here. Just Looking Around.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Don Clack, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Don Clack

Don Clack Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/04/1974
      Hello, my name is Don and I've been living with tinnitus for as long as I can remember. I'll be 50 this year, and I'm pretty sure the tinnitus started on the 4th of July when I was about 10. A firecracker went off just behind and to the left of my head. I've had the ringing ever since. It didn't really bother me much at first. The only thing I noticed right away, was that I couldn't hunt down cicadas anymore, because the sound they made was almost the same sound as what I heard all the time. Later on, when I was taking a physical for the Air Force Academy, I found out I had lost part of my high frequency hearing, because it was the same pitch as I constantly heard in my head. Now, later in life, I notice, more and more difficulty hearing conversations in noisy, crowded situations where a lot of people are talking at once. I find myself reading lips. I've tried "RingStop", and it seemed to help some, but not enough to justify the cost of the product. After 40 years of suffering from this disease, it's hard to have hope of relief or a cure, but it sure would be nice. Thanks for listening (reading).

2. Sound Wave
      Curious

Sound Wave Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones
      Hi Don. Thanks for introducing yourself! Have you considered getting a discrete modern hearing aid? Sounds like it could help...